Chapter 11

Dedicated Chapter Song: Let Me Down - New Year's Day

A daughter with dreams bigger than this. You tried to bury me just like the past. But it won't stay dead for long. I wanna hear you finally admit you're wrong. But if i give you the chance. You'll let me down. You'll let me down. Your guilt won't save you now. From six feet underground.
(Hysteria)

Deep breath

Deep breath. One...two...

Anna kicked in the door. Guns were already shooting in her and Eren’s direction. She simply outstretched her arm, deflecting the bullets with the palm of her hand. They ricocheted off her palm and buried themselves into several skulls. “Hey, now, is that any way to treat an esteemed guest? I went through all the trouble of capturing the Jaeger child for you twat-waffles!” she hissed. Eren struggled to get free from her.

“Let me go! You shit! You piece of shit—”

“Shut uuup! God, all you ever do is whine and complain.” she rolled her eyes, then glared up at the woman who seemed to be in charge of all the personel with guns. “Oi, where's Kenny? I got a few things to say to him before I give up this little fucker—”

“You traitorous bitch! You even had Captain Levi fooled—”

“Levi is a sorry sack of shit!” Anna snarled. “Oi, you there, make sure to shoot him down if he comes after us. I really don't want to have to go through the trouble of a divorce.” she blew a strand of hair out of her eyes as she directed her attention to a random guard. “Kenny's just through there.” spoke the woman Anna was looking at a moment ago.

“Thank you kindly.” Anna grinned. “Move it, pissflap!” she shoved Eren along, taking note of the glowing walls around them. “I've been here before...” Eren spoke quietly. “You too, huh?” Anna whispered back as they made their way through a narrow passage to a small room. Anna stopped at the sight of the white-haired girl in the glass coffin before her.

“H-H-Hyst...Hysteria....” she shivered, her grip on Eren loosening. “Now!” suddenly several guards were around them, prying the two of them apart. Eren was dragged to the top of the small hill-like structure and chained with his arms out on either side of him. Anna was handcuffed and held in place by Cayden, of all people, who smugly grinned at her. “Good to see you again.”

Slow clapping echoed throughout the cavern. Anna turned her brunette head to see her mother approaching, looking as dangerously beautiful as ever. “Well done, Annalise. You've landed right into our trap.”

“Tck! Some trap.” Anna rolled her eyes. “You think I don't know you were playing me?! If you're going to kill me here and now, you might as well explain the truth! I'm not even royalty, am I?!” she clenched her teeth, trying not to get too angry.

Elizabeth Ackerman leaned against Hysteria’s glass coffin. “You're not. But she is. Hysteria Fritz, daughter of Samuel Fritz.” Anna's eyes filled with fear. “She’s Boss’s daughter?!”