The Eleventh Hour - His First Appearance

A/N again.
So hi guys, thank you for deciding to give my book a chance, and I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoy writing it. I know there are a lot of books out there with exactly the same concept, I'm not the first, and nor will I be the last to have a book like this, but I really hope this won't put you off, and I know when I've finished all of Matt Smiths televised episodes, I have my own episodes planned, which I'm writing in my notebook when I don't have access to my phone, so if you really don't want to read this book with it's BBC story lines then I hope you can store this book in your library until I've finished those, and am doing my original chapters. Thank you so much again for trying my book out and I hope you enjoy it <3
- TimeCanBeRewritten_ xx

Bailee's POV-

I was watching Amelia do her nightly prayers, sat with my legs dangling at the end of my bed, I spent more time round her house than at my own, enough time to have my own bed in her room.

"Dear Santa." She says. Santa was the only person aside from myself that my best friend really put her trust in. "Thank you for the dolls and pencils and the fish."

I never join in with her. Although I was only 7, I knew that no matter how much you asked, no one will help you when you most need it. Amelia interrupted my thoughts by poking me. Even though I wouldn't join in, she still wanted me to listen.

"It's Easter now, so I hope I didn't wake you, but honest, it is an emergency. There's a crack in my wall."

Ever since we could remember, there has been a huge crack across Amelia's wall. Sometimes in the night we could hear slight whispers in our dreams, coming from the crack, and seeping into our thoughts.

"Aunt Sharon says it's just an ordinary crack, but I know it's not, because at night there's voices, so please, please, could you send someone to fix it? Or a policeman. Or a ..."
She's interrupted by a loud crash in her back garden, freezing us to the spot as we speculate what may have caused the loud noise. After two minutes of silence I creep towards the window, curiosity winning over my cautiousness.

"Back in a moment Santa. Bailee, don't!" Amelia whispers. She always was more cautious than myself. I always liked to run headfirst into danger, always looking for something new.

I grab the torch that I always kept near my bed, and shone it out the window. A blue box seemed to have crashed in the garden, crushing the shed. It was too dark to make anything out for certain, but the word 'police' seemed to be written on the box.

"Thank you Santa" I gasped in disbelief.
Grabbing Amelia's hand, I ran down the stairs and out of the backdoors towards the box.
We stand in silence for a few minutes, both admiring and being wary of the foreign object in our back garden. With nothing else to do, I pick up a small pebble and chuck it towards the box.

"What are you doing?!" Amelia whisper-shouts.
I don't get time for a reply as the doors are flung open, releasing billowing smoke from within. A grappling hook is flung from the inside towards us, and I shriek and fall backwards. Amelia, holding her ground, gives me a confused look. Normally in these situations it'd be the other way round, Amelia scared out of her wits and myself helping her up and sighing, but somehow this situation is different. My thoughts are interrupted but a wet head poking out of the doors of the blue box.

Clambering out, the soaking wet guy says "Could I have an apple? All I can think about. Apples. I love apples. Maybe I'm having a craving? That's new. Never had cravings before" Amelia and I just look at each other in confusion, I'm still on the ground.

The strange man looks back inside his box. "Whoa. Look at that."

"Are you okay?" Amelia asks. I'm stunned. She barely even speaks to her Aunt Sharon without looking at me for help for what she should say.
"Just had a fall. All the way down there, right to the library. Hell of a climb back up." The man says, looking confused.

"You're soaking wet." Amelia and I say in unison. We're normally mistaken for sisters, with our red hair and similar faces, and we seem to have that bond, sometimes instinctively knowing what to say.

"I was in the swimming pool." He states slowly. Was he a magician?

"You said you were in the library." I speak by myself for the first time since his appearance. I can feel the mud soaking through the coat that I had hastily thrown on before I came out.

He looks down at me for the first time, looking extremely perplexed. He offered me his hand and helped me up.

"So was the swimming pool." He murmured, still looking at me.

"Are you a policeman?" Amelia asks, breaking the silence that was starting to descend.
The strange man jumps, as if he had forgotten she was here. "Why? Did you call a policeman?"

"Did you come about the crack in the wall?" We say together.

"What crack? Argh!" The man falls to the floor, and I rush to his side.

"Are you alright, mister?" I ask, with concern crossing my features.

"No, I'm fine. It's okay. This is all perfectly norm..." he trails off as a breath of golden mist wafts out of his mouth.

Simultaneously, Amelia and I gasp, exclaiming "Who are you?"

"I'm the Doctor. Do everything I tell you, don't ask stupid questions, and don't wander off." he replied, getting up and walking like he was drunk towards our house. "Right, that crack. No time to lose." He walked straight into a tree.
I facepalm myself and ask if he's ok. "Early days. Steering's a bit off." He grins.