The Beast Below - Space Walking In The Stars

The Doctors POV-

I park the TARDIS in the middle of space, and fling open the doors, pointing at them to signal to Amy and Bailee to go look out. Amy rushes towards the door but Bailee is a bit more hesitant and is dragged by her friend. I casually walk up behind them and look at the stars too. I tap Amy on the shoulder, I know she'll love what I'm about to suggest.

"Want to take a space walk?" I ask her.

Hopefully if Amy says yes I can get Bailee to have a go, I know she'll love it if she gets her confidence to do it. Like I thought, Amy jumps at the idea, literally, jumped straight out of the TARDIS. Okay so it wasn't what I planned, but I guess it worked. I lungs forward and grab her ankle before she floats off. She shrieks with laughter and feels her hair, which is floating above her in the lack of gravity around us. I let her have a couple more minutes floating above us in space, before gently pulling her ankle down and setting her back in the TARDIS. Her hair is all messed up so I point her to one of the bathrooms where there's probably a hairbrush lying around somewhere.

Then I smirk at what I'm about to do, and turn to Bailee. She realises what I'm about to do and backs up slowly. "No. Absolutely not. No way. Not a cha-" she starts, but is cut off as I grab her round the waist as she tries to run for it. She shrieks with laughter and surprise as I fling her headfirst out of the TARDIS doors. I let her float unguided in space for a couple of seconds, all the while screaming with fear and a mixture of excitement and exhilaration before I grab her ankle and stop her from floating off. I lean against the TARDIS door and watch her enjoying herself in space. I stay there for a few minutes, just watching Bailee, until I hear a cough behind me. Amy had returned from the bathroom and was studying my face intently, raising and eyebrow and giving me a smirk, which I'm pretty sure I can guess the meaning behind. I shake my head slightly and sigh, but Amy just gives me a meaningful look and walks off to behind the console. I gently pull Bailee's ankle towards me and catch her as she floats back down into the TARDIS.

"Now do you believe me?" I ask her.

"Okay, your box is a spaceship. It's really, really a spaceship. We are in space! What are we breathing?" Bailee gasps, slightly pink in the cheeks. It clashes with her hair, lights up her face, and makes her look prettier than ever.

"I've extended the air shell. We're fine." I explain, smiling at her. I turn and look outside again and see that we're floating over an immense spaceship. "Now that's interesting. Twenty ninth century. Solar flares roast the earth, and the entire human race packs its bags and moves out till the weather improves. Whole nations." I turn to look at Bailee and Amy. "Well, come on. I've found us a spaceship. This is the United Kingdom of Britain and Northern Ireland. All of it, bolted together and floating in the sky. Starship UK. It's Britain, but metal. That's not just a ship, that's an idea. That's a whole country, living and laughing and shopping. Searching the stars for a new home." I grin at them.

"Can we go out and see?" Amy asks, almost jumping up and down in excitement, making Bailee laugh her musical laugh at her, instantly lifting my spirits.

"Course we can. But first, there's a thing." I'm not interfering this time, we're just observing, and I'm not risking putting Bailee, or Amy, in danger.

"A thing?" Amy asks me.

"An important thing. In fact, Thing One. We are observers only. That's the one rule I've always stuck to in all my travels. I never get involved in the affairs of other peoples or planets." I lie to her on that, but we are going to go by that today.

An image of a small girl waiting by a lift appears on my scanner, and is brought to my attention by Bailee.

"Ooo, that's interesting." I say.