Flesh and Stone - No More Angels

Bailee's POV-

It's finally over. I'm sat on the floor wrapped in a blanket, sat on the floor between The Doctor and Amy, with the TARDIS behind us.

"Ah. Bruised everywhere." I complain, tenderly feeling my arms and legs for any sign of lasting damage.

"Me too." Amy and The Doctor grumble at the same time.

"You didn't have to climb out with your eyes shut." I remind them.

"Neither did you. I kept saying. The Angels all fell into the Time Field. The Angel in your memory never existed. It can't harm you now." The Doctor says once more.

"Then why do I remember it at all? Those guys on the ship didn't remember each other." I ask.

"You're a time traveller now, Bailee. And Amy. It changes the way you see the universe, forever. Good, isn't it?" He grins.

"And the crack, is that gone too?" Amy questions.

"Yeah, for now. But the explosion that caused it is still happening. Somewhere out there, somewhere in time." The Doctor explains. New Clerics are also near us, with River. The Doctor gets up and walks over, and they're just within earshot for me, but I don't think Amy can hear. I've always had better hearing than most people.

"You, me, handcuffs. Must it always end this way?" She asks, looking down at the pair of beeping high tech handcuffs that encircle her wrists.

"What now?" The Doctor asks, a hint of sadness in his voice.

"The prison ship's in orbit. They'll beam me up any second. I might have done enough to earn a pardon this time. We'll see."

"Octavian said you killed a man." The Doctor questions.

"Yes, I did." River confirms.

"A good man." The Doctor presses.

"A very good man. The best man I've ever known." River looks saddened by what had happened.

"Who?"

"It's a long story. Doctor. It can't be told, it has to be lived. No sneak previews. Well, except for this one. You'll see me again quite soon, when the Pandorica opens." The Pandorica? What's a Pandorica?

"The Pandorica. Ha! That's a fairy tale." The Doctor laughs.

"Doctor, aren't we all? I'll see you there." River grins.

"I look forward to it."

"I remember it well."

"Bye, River!" I call from where I'm sat, and Amy shouts it as well.

"See you, Bailee, Amy." She nods to us. "Oh, I think that's my ride."

However, The Doctor has one last question for River. "Can I trust you. River Song?"
"If you like. Ha, but where's the fun in that?" She winks, and smiles, before she's beamed away in a whirl of sand.

"What are you thinking?" I ask, standing, as The Doctor walks back to us and the TARDIS.

"Time can be rewritten." He replies.

We're sat in the TARDIS, not really doing much, when Amy looks at me meaningfully. I nod, and she pipes up.

"I want to go home."

The Doctor looks confused, and then sadness fills his green eyes. "Okay." He turns back to the console and presses some buttons dejectedly.

"No, not like that. I just, I just want to show you something. You're running from River. I'm running too." Amy reassures him, taking a breath, ready to go back to the night before her wedding.

We arrive back home, and land in Amy's room. The TARDIS has squeezed itself in by the door, and Amy's wedding dress is still hanging on the open wardrobe door, immediately visible the minute that we walk out of the TARDIS. I look at Amy, and tilt my head, silently asking if I could leave her to explain this. She nods and I run downstairs to get myself some food.

"Well." I hear The Doctor say as I walk down the stairs.

"Yeah." Amy says sheepishly.

"Blimey." I grin to myself, imagining how on earth Amy was going to explain this, and sit on one of the kitchen stools for a few minutes. However, my curiosity wins out over patience and I run back upstairs, but my blood freezes when I watch the scene unfold before my eyes.

"Oh, you are sweet. Doctor. But I really wasn't suggesting anything quite so long term." Amy says, then leans in and kisses him. I feel a land of jealousy and betrayal, before I snap the door of Amy's room shut, leaving them to it, and run. I run down the stairs, out the door, and into the night. I keep running, dodging through the trees around the side of the house, and out into Upper Leadworth. I keep running, down into the, well, less posh area of Leadworth that I am slightly more familiar with, and into the park. I stop, panting, gasping for breath, and sit on one of the swings, shivering, freezing. I sit there for what feels like hours, but in reality is mere minutes, left to my thoughts, hot tears starting down my face, but why they are there, I don't know.

I think I hear someone calling my name, but I don't turn round to look, I just stay on the swing, hugging myself, almost as if I'm holding myself together, just letting my tears cascade into my lap, free falling. I see a shadow looming above me but I don't look up, I don't want to.

"Why are you upset?" The Doctor's arms wrap around me, protecting me from the biting wind that was starting to pick up.

"I'm fine." I reply, because there's nothing else to say. The Doctor sighs.

"You're crying." He observes. "Why are you crying?" He rephrases his question.

"I don't know." I answer. It's not entirely true. I don't know if I want to know why I'm crying. I know deep down the cause of my emotions, but am slightly wary, not wanting to admit that from when he crashed into Amy's garden all those years ago until now, I'd been falling for him, falling pretty badly. A part of me wants to tell him this, but another part stops me, forbids me. However, I think The Doctor is fully aware of why I'm crying.

"You can tell me." He presses gently, wiping away my tears. I sniff deeply, and plaster a grin on my face.

"Nah, it's nothing. Like I said, all fine." I stand up and turn away. The Doctor isn't an idiot. He stands up behind me and takes my hand.

"Amy's getting married in a few hours. You know I'd never, ever let her do something as stupid as break Rory's heart." I nod, knowing that what he's saying is the truth.

"I know." I start, still fighting an internal emotional battle. "It's just, it's just..." I trail off. The Doctor looks at me expectantly.

"Just..." he presses gently. I look him in the eye.

"Nothing." I say. He nods at me, accepting that I wasn't going to tell him.

"Okay." He says softly.

—————————————
A/N
So that double episode was pretty long right XD but I have to ask, how was the end of this chapter? Obviously it's my idea, not the BBCs plot, so how did you guys like it? And what do you think will happen next? Also, I really want ito say, THANK YOU so much because we're now on over 1k reads! I hope you've all had a great weekend, and (if you're in the UK like me) have had some amazing snow! Don't forget to vote and comment :)
So in the next episode I'm putting a part of my own little plot in so it's kind of going to be injected between the start of Vampires of Venice and when the adventure actually starts - just in case anyone gets confused!
-TimeCanBeRewritten_ xx