Flesh and Stone - Navigating the Forest

Bailee's POV-

I press buttons on the communicator, desperate to see if Marco has survived more than 30 seconds. "Hello? Are you there? Hello? Hello?" I shout down the communicator, starting to panic.

"I'm here. I'm fine. Quite close to it now." Marco's voice comes crackling from the walkie talkie.

"Then come back. Come back now, please." I plead, but, again, I am ignored.

"It's weird looking at it. It feels really..." Then Marco trails off and no more sound comes through the communicator.

"Really what? Hello? Really what? Hello? Hello?" There's no reply, and I know what's happened, but can't believe it. Panic starts to set in. "Hello? Please say you're there. Hello? Hello?" I press the communicator to my forehead and breath deeply, trying not to loose control and let my emotions get to me. Then the voice of The Doctor comes through, and I jump up and cry in relief.

"Bailee? Bailee? Is that you?"

"Doctor?" I sigh, the fear that was creeping into me starting to retreat.

"Where are you? Are the Clerics with you?" The Doctor asks me. I'm hesitant in replying, not wanting to accept what had happened to all the Clerics.

"They've gone." I sigh. "There was a light and they walked into the light. Doctor, they didn't even remember each other."

"No, they wouldn't." He replies gravely.

"What is that light?" I hear Amy ask.

"Time running out." The Doctor explains. "Bailee, I'm sorry, I made a mistake. I should never have left you there." Well, I knew that since before he left me but it's happened now, and as much as I'd like to reverse the past minutes of my life, it wasn't going to happen.

"Well, what do I do now?" I ask.

"You come to us. The Primary Flight Deck, the other end of the forest." The Doctor says, as though it's as simple as it sounds.

"I can't see. I can't open my eyes." I remind him. There's a slight pause, then

"Turn on the spot."

"Sorry, what?" I'm caught off guard by The Doctor's sudden command.

"Just do it. Turn on the spot." He repeats. "When the communicator sounds like my screwdriver, that means you're facing the right way. Follow the sound. You have to start moving now. There's Time Energy spilling out of that crack, and you have to stay ahead of it." He explains.

"But the Angels, they're everywhere." I protest, worriedly, but start walking slowly, listening and following the sound.

"I'm sorry, I really am, but the Angels can only kill you." ONLY?! Well I guess it's fine then.

"What does the Time Energy do?" I ask, slowing my walk down further so I can hear his answer.

"Just keep moving!" The Doctor demands, but I stop, because I know that it's the only way I'll get the answer I'm seeking.

"Tell me."

"If the Time Energy catches up with you, you'll never have been born. It will erase every moment of your existence. You will never have lived at all." I start walking again, sharpish, imagining what it would be like to have Amy and The Doctor like Marco, unaware of my existence, forgetting about me. "Now, keep your eyes shut and keep moving."

"It's never going to work." I hear River say in the background. The Doctor snaps and starts shouting, causing me to walk faster, trying to reach then as soon as possible.