Flesh and Stone - If I Always Told The Truth, I Wouldn't Need You To Trust Me

Bailee's POV -

"Doctor, we're too exposed here. We have to move on." Father Octavian demands.

"We're too exposed everywhere. And Bailee can't move. And anyway, that's not the plan." The Doctor replies.

"There's a plan?" I can imagine River looking annoyed at The Doctor, her voice filled with surprise and an undertone of accusation, annoyed that The Doctor hadn't already revealed that he had a plan.

"I don't know yet. I haven't finished talking." He replies. I hear leaves crunching, and it sounds like The Doctor just turned. "Right! Father, you and your Clerics, you're going to stay here, look after Bailee. If anything happens to her, I'll hold every single one of you personally responsible, twice. River, Amy, you two and me, we're going to find the Primary Flight Deck which is..." he trails off, and there's a moments silence while he probably does something clever. I grin slightly to myself as I imagine The Doctor looking smug after doing or saying something intelligent. "A quarter of a mile straight ahead, and from there we're going to stabilise the wreckage, stop the Angels, and cure Bailee."

"How?" Amy asks.

"I'll do a thing." He replies mysteriously.

"What thing?" Amy questions The Doctor sceptically.

"I don't know. It's a thing in progress. Respect the thing. Moving out!" The Doctor cries, and I hear him walking off.

"Doctor, I'm coming with you. My Clerics'll look after Miss Hope. These are my best men. They'd lay down their lives in her protection." Father Octavian stopped The Doctor in his track.

"I don't need you." The Doctor said in a tone that rang clear of authoritative decision, but that still couldn't deter Father Octavian.

"I don't care. Where Doctor Song goes, I go." He said, in an even more demanding tone than The Doctor.

"What? You two engaged or something?" The Doctor sniggers.

"Yes, in a manner of speaking." I can almost hear The Doctors disbelief. "Marco, you're in charge till I get back."

"Sir." Marco says.

"Doctor? Please, can't I come with you?" I beg, not wanting to be left here alone, with a couple of strangers. Oh, and a cave full of deadly aliens, one which is in my head.

"You'd slow us down, Miss Hope." Father Octavian says harshly. I turn my head to the rough direction his voice came from.

"I don't want to sound selfish, but you'd really speed me up." I say defensively.

I hear someone walk back towards me, and my hands are being taken in someone else's, The Doctors. "You'll be safer here. We can't protect you on the move. I'll be back for you soon as I can, I promise."

"You always say that." I say, remembering all of the times he says he'll be back, and then never came for years.

"I always come back. Good luck, everyone. Behave. Do not let that girl open her eyes. And keep watching the forest. Stop those Angels advancing. Bailee, later. Amy, with me. River, going to need your computer!"

"Yeah. Later." I say, anger and frustration welling up inside of me, even though I know The Doctor doesn't deserve my emotions being directed at him.

"Bailee, you need to start trusting me. It's never been more important." The Doctor tried to convince me, but I just can't while in this frame of mind.

"But you don't always tell me the truth." I accuse.

"If I always told you the truth, I wouldn't need you to trust me." I just sigh, and change the subject.