Bailee's Choice - The Final Choice

Bailee's POV-

Amy and Rory look at me, serious expressions mirroring on their faces. They look at each other.

"Okay." Amy turns to me, her jaw set. Rory nods with her. I turn towards the door and walk out, expecting to be turned into dust, however nothing happens. I turn to Amy and Rory.

"Why aren't they attacking?"

"Either because this is just a dream or because they know what we're about to do." Rory suggests gravely. We reach the camper van and I climb in behind the wheel, Amy and Rory squeezing in beside me. "Be very sure. This could be the real world."

"It can't be, Rory, The Doctor isn't here. I didn't know. I didn't, I didn't, I honestly didn't, till right now. I just want him. Please."

"Okay." He nods, taking Amy's hand. "Okay." I start the engine, looking out the passenger window, and, upon seeing the Dream Lord, slam my foot on the accelerator.

There's a thick layer of ice over everyone and everything now, the first thing I notice when I wake up, gasping for air. Amy, Rory then The Doctor both wake in a similar fashion. I barely have time to take one breath before the Dream Lord and the little girl appear.

"So, you chose this world. Well done. You got it right. And with only seconds left. Fair's fair. Let's warm you up." The TARDIS comes to life again and heat is blasted through the console room. "I hope you've enjoyed your little fictions." I scowl at him. "It all came out of your imagination, so I'll leave you to ponder on that. I have been defeated. I shall withdraw. Farewell." They both vanish, as Amy rushes to Rory and throws herself on him in a hug. The Doctor turns to me whilst Rory and Amy embrace.

"Something happened. I. What happened to me? I." I rush over to him and embrace him as well, taking him by surprise.

"Oh. Oh, right. This is good. I am liking this. Was it something I said? Could you tell what it was so I can use it in emergencies, and maybe birthdays."

"What are we doing now?" Amy asks from over Rory's shoulders. The Doctor pushes me off him nicely and stands up, walking towards the console.

"Me, I'm going to blow up the Tardis."

"What?" Rory looks at him in surprise.

"Notice how helpful the Dream Lord was? Okay, there was misinformation, red herrings, malice, and I could have done without the limerick. But he was always very keen to make us choose between dream and reality." The Doctor explains.

"What are you doing?" Amy asks him suspiciously.

"Doctor, the Dream Lord conceded. This isn't a dream." I argue.

"Yes, it is." He argues back. Amy looks at me in disbelief.

"Stop him."

"Star burning cold? Do me a favour. The Dream Lord has no power over the real world. He was offering us a choice between two dreams." The Doctor finally finished his explanation. Amy looks at him suspiciously.

"How do you know that?"

"Because I know who he is." The Doctor grins, flicking a switch. I feel intense heat for a fraction of a second before the TARDIS is back to normal. Well, as normal as a TARDIS gets. The Doctor is looking at a small yellow particle on his hand. He looks up at us.

"Any questions?"

"Er, what's that?" I ask, pointing to his hand.

"A speck of psychic pollen from the candle meadows of Karass don Slava. Must have been hanging around for ages. Fell in the time rotor, heated up and induced a dream state for all of us." He walks and opens the door of the TARDIS, then blows the psychic pollen into space.

"So that was the Dream Lord then? Those little specks." Rory asks.

"No, no. No. Sorry, wasn't it obvious? The Dream Lord was me. Psychic pollen. It's a mind parasite. It feeds on everything dark in you, gives it a voice, turns it against you. I'm nine hundred and seven. It had a lot to go on." The Doctor explains, then looks thoughtful for a second.

"But why didn't it feed on us, too?" Amy asks.

"The darkness in you three, it would've starved to death in an instant. I choose my friends with great care." Amy and Rory shrug in agreement, and walk, hand in hand, down a corridor going further into the TARDIS, but I stay with The Doctor, guilt rushing through me at his next statement. "The question is, who was the little girl? She wasn't me, and I don't know her. I might be nine hundred and seven but I have a great memory."

"You do know her." I state dully. The Doctor looks at me in surprise.

"How would you know?" He asks, but not suspiciously, more out of curiosity.

"Because I know her and she knows you." I reply, trying to avoid telling him who it was. He just stares me down. "Fine." I look at the floor. "It was me." We stand there in a mildly awkward fashion until The Doctor speaks.

"Huh. Wouldn't have guessed that." I look up at him in shock.

"So you're not angry?" Now it's his turned to look shocked.

"No?" He's confused as to why he would be angry.

"That girl was me, but I'm not like that." I start to panic a bit as I say this. Am I like that? "You said that it would've starved to death in an instant because we have barely any darkness in us, but how can that be true when it was me?!" I'm full on panicking now, and The Doctor comes over and embraces me.

"I don't understand how it was feeding off your darkness when you have none. But no matter what is happening, it won't change anything, okay?" I nod into his jacket and he pulls back. "One more thing though." I look at him nervously and he laughs, and reassured me it's not on the same topic. "What I don't get is, I blew up the Tardis, that stopped that dream, but what stopped the Leadworth dream?"

"We crashed the camper van." I explain. The Doctor looks confused.

"Oh, right. I don't remember that bit."

"No, you weren't there. You were already-" I stop, not really sure how to tell him. After all, it's not everyday you tell someone that they died.

"Already what?" He presses.

"Dead. You died in that dream. Mrs Poggit got you, when you saved Rory." I explain.

"Okay. But how did you know it was a dream? Before you crashed the van, how did you know you wouldn't just die?" He looks intrigued.

"I didn't." I grin sheepishly, fingering the necklace round my neck nervously.

"Oh."

"Yeah."

"Oh."

"Yeah, oh." The Doctor grins at me, as Amy and Rory walk back in.

"So, well then, where now? Or should I just pop down to the swimming pool for a few lengths?" Amy asks. The Doctor turns to me.

"I don't know. Anywhere's good for me. I'm happy anywhere. It's up to Bailee this time. Bailee's choice."

—————————————
A/N

It's the end of another episode! Every time I go to cross off which episodes I've done I get really nervous because I don't want to get near the end 😂

I hope you are all enjoying it so far, and please feel free to vote and comment :)

-TimeCanBeRewritten_ xx