Vampires of Venice - The Calvierri Girls

The Doctor's POV-

Bailee and I leave the TARDIS, hand in hand, opposite a tall building with gates. The iron gates swing open, and girls in white dresses with white parasols and heavy veils on their heads walk out two by two, a seemingly normal sight. However, as I know, it's never normal around me.

"Veils down, girls." A woman walking in front of them calls. I hear a girl whispering in the corner of my ear, looking at her father.

"The Calvierri girls."

Bailee and I are across the canal from the procession, watching, when suddenly a man runs up to the girls.

"What do you want?" The woman at the front demands harshly.

"Where's my Isabella?" The man cries, agitated.

"What are you doing? Get away from there." She demands again, but the man keeps running about, frantically lifting the girls veils until he finds what I presume to be his daughter.

"Isabella? Isabella, it's me." He seems to be pleading with her, but from where we are standing, I don't see any sign of recognition crossing her face. Then, in a lightning fast movement, one of the girls knocks the man down and bares her extremely sharp looking teeth at him.

"Girls, come along." The woman at the front orders, seemingly unaware, or unbothered by the assault carried out by one of the girls.

"She's gone." Another man, seemingly with the Calvierri girls says scathingly, stepping over the helpless father on the floor.

"Isabella! It's me!" He cried, in a futile attempt to catch his daughters attention.

"What was that about?" Bailee asks me, but I run off towards the man, as he cries his daughters name again.

"Isabella!"

"Who are those girls?" I ask the man, who introduces himself as Guido. I look around for Bailee, but she must've stayed by the canal.

"I thought everyone knew about the Calvierri school." He replies, confused at my ignorance.

"My first day here. It's okay. Parents do all sorts of things to get their children into good schools. They move house, they change religion. So why are you trying to get her out?" I press, intrigued.

"Something happens in there. Something magical, something evil. My own daughter didn't recognise me. And the girl who pushed me away, her face, like an animal." Guido is shaking as he says this, out of apparent fear for the inner workings of Signora Calvierri's school.

"I think it's time I met this Signora Calvierri." I tell the man, determination set on my face.

"You have my daughter. Isabella!" Guido shouts at the guard, part in a distraction for me, and partly to actually try and find what's happening to his daughter.

"No, you're not coming in. Just stop there. Look, we've told you." The guard demands.
This distraction enabled me to sneak past and round to the water gate and sonic my way in.

"You have my daughter. Isabella! I demand you let me see my daughter." Guido shouts loudly. I pause, listening to them.

"Go away."

"Isabella, it's me. It's your father." He shouts through the gates desperately.

"We will arrest you." The guard warns, his words void of emotion, borderline boredom.

"Isabella!" The heart wrenching cry of the father pulls at my heartstrings.

"Give it up, will you. Move off." The guard is heartless, cruel, and upon hearing enough, I dart back through the gate. I go down a stone staircase to an area with a vaulted roof. There is an ornate mirror on one wall opposite three doors. I look in the mirror, never resisting a chance to check myself out.

"Hello, handsome." I grin at myself, adjusting my very cool bow tie in the mirror, before sending movement behind me, although I see nothing in the mirror. I whirl round to see what is behind me. It is a few Calvierri girls, donned in white cloth robes.

"Who are you?" They speak in unison, a hiss almost. A very creepy almost-hiss.

"How are you doing that? I am loving it." I grin at them nervously. "You're like Houdini, only five slightly scary girls, and he was shorter. Will be shorter. I'm rambling." I shut up quickly.

"I'll ask you again, signor. Who are you?" They're extremely creepy, have I mentioned that?

"Why don't you check this out?" I say, holding out an ID card. The girls stare at it blankly, and sensing that they're not buying it, I look at it. It's got William Hartnell's photograph on it. I grin nervously again, busted. "Library card. Of course. I need a spare. Pale, creepy girls who don't like sunlight and can't be seen. Ha. Am I thinking what I think I'm thinking? But the city. Why shut down the city? Unless..." I trial off thoughtfully.

"Leave now, signor, or we shall call for the Steward, if you are lucky." They threaten.

"Ooo." I say, not moving, not finished with them. However, the girls open their mouths, and reveal needle like teeth. I gulp, as they start advancing on me, hissing and creeping slowly, making me back up carefully.

"Tell me the whole plan." I say loudly, trying to trick them into telling me. It doesn't work. It never works. "One day that will work." I whisper under my breath, before turning and smiling an over exaggerated happy smile at the Calvierri girls. "Listen, I would love to stay here. This whole thing. I'm thrilled. Oh, this is Christmas." I say joyfully, before turning my back on them, and sprinting up the stairs and towards the exit of the building, to somewhere mildly safer than where I just was.

——————————————
A/N
So I'm really sorry about this, but I think I'm going to have to change my update schedule to about once a week, because I'm really quite busy at the moment! I hope you all understand and continue to support my fanfiction, even though i know it's annoying to have slow updates!
Sorry guys
-TimeCanBeRewritten_ xx