The Time of Angels - There's One Thing That You Should Never Put In A Trap

Bailee's POV-

"The statues are advancing along all corridors. And, sir, my torch keeps flickering." One of Father Octavian's men observes, but it's not just his torch that the Angels are messing with, it's everyone else's, and my head.

"They all do." Father Octavian tells his Cleric.

"So does the gravity globe." River states.

"Clerics, we're down to four men. Expect incoming." Father Octavian warns.

"Yeah, it's the Angels. They're coming. And they're draining the power for themselves." The Doctor comments on the flickering equipment.

"Which means we won't be able to see them." I say.

"Which means we can't stay here." The Doctor nods.

"Two more incoming." Father Octavian shouts to his men.

"Any suggestions?" River asks The Doctor, looking at him hopefully.

"The statues are advancing on all sides. We don't have the climbing equipment to reach the Byzantium." Father Octavian calls to The Doctor.

"There's no way up, no way back, no way out. No pressure, but this is usually when you have a really good idea." River glances at The Doctor, while we all hope his really good idea comes along soon.

"There's always a way out." The Doctor announces loudly, and it echoes through the tunnel that we are standing in. 'There's always a way out. There's always a way out.' The Doctor nods, agreeing with his echo. "There's always a way out." He repeats.

"Doctor? Can I speak to the Doctor, please?" The walkie talkie in The Doctor's pocket crackles to life, and the voice of Bob comes through.

"Hello, Angels. What's your problem?" The Doctor asks, looking thoughtful.

"Your power will not last much longer, and the Angels will be with you shortly. Sorry, sir."

"Why are you telling me this?" The Doctor says harshly. As if we aren't painfully aware of the situation that we are currently in.

"There's something the Angels are very keen you should know before the end."

"Which is?" The Doctor looks curious.

"I died in fear." Bobs voice silenced everyone, as we listen.

"I'm sorry?" The Doctor asks cautiously.

"You told me my fear would keep me alive, but I died afraid, in pain and alone. You made me trust you, and when it mattered, you let me down." Bobs voice explains. A look of pain flashes across The Doctor's face.

"What are they doing?" Amy whispers to River.

"They're trying to make him angry." River replies, looking intently at The Doctor's face.

"I'm sorry, sir. The Angels were very keen for you to know that."

"Well then, the Angels have made their second mistake because I'm not going to let that pass. I'm sorry you're dead, Bob, but I swear to whatever is left of you, they will be sorrier." The Doctor says passionately, menacingly.

"But you're trapped, sir, and about to die."

"Yeah. I'm trapped. And you know what? Speaking of traps, this trap has got a great big mistake in it. A great big, whopping mistake." The Doctor shouts, looking around.

"What mistake, sir?"

"Trust me?" The Doctor looks at Amy.

"Yeah."

He turns to River. "Trust me?"

"Always." She nods.

"You lot, trust me?" He yells at Father Octavian and his men.

"Sir, two more incoming." One of the men shouts.

"We have faith, sir." Father Octavian replies. Then The Doctor turns to me, but I nod before he can ask the question. He turns back to Father Octavian.

"Then give me your gun." It comes flying through the air and The Doctor nearly catches it with one hand. "I'm about to do something incredibly stupid and dangerous. When I do, jump!"

"Jump where?" Amy asks, looking around, confused.

"Just jump, high as you can." He looks at Father Octavian, who's features are a bit sceptical. "Come on, leap of faith, Bishop. On my signal."

"What signal?" I ask, worried I won't jump at the right moment.

"You won't miss it." He grins at me.

"Sorry, can I ask again? You mentioned a mistake we made." Bobs voice comes crackling though the walkie talkie once more, as The Doctor points the gun at the hull of the Byzantium. We all brace ourselves, knees bent, ready to jump.

"Oh, big mistake. Huge. Didn't anyone every tell you there's one thing you never put in a trap? If you're smart, if you value your continued existence, if you have any plans about seeing tomorrow, there is one thing you never, ever put in a trap." The Doctor says.

"And what would that be, sir?"

"Me." Then The Doctor shoots at the Byzantium.

—————————————
A/N
Sorry about the much shorter chapter, but it's the end of the episode and a natural break to put my authors note in! So, how are you guys finding the story so far? I can't believe you guys have already made this story #134 in the science fiction category, thank you all so much for all your reads, votes and comments! I hope this story is still gripping you and making you want to read on, but if not, please leave a comment somewhere because I always reply! Thank you so much for all the support so far and I hope you continue that through the whole book!

Update: this is the most recent A/N in the book so I feel like this is as good a place as any to say- THANK YOU to everyone because this book is now in the top 100 sci-fi books on Wattpad!!! I am so excited and absolutely buzzing about this, so thank you to everyone who reads my book, and comments and votes!

Update again: So apparently I didn't realise that there was a fan fiction category on wattpad and I was 'miscategorised' so now i am a fan fiction book!
- TimeCanBeRewritten_ xx