Prologue

The little four year old girl sat amongst the long gold, green grass, a crown of wild flowers, Roses and leaves settled on top of her long dark brown curls; her golden and silver eyes sparkling in the setting sunlight

The little four year old girl sat amongst the long gold, green grass, a crown of wild flowers, Roses and leaves settled on top of her long dark brown curls; her golden and silver eyes sparkling in the setting sunlight. She ran her little fingers through the long grass, curious about their varying textures. Against her chest she clutched a bunch of wild flowers, bright against her little white lace dress. She stood up and looked down, wiggling her bear toes in the dirt, feeling the soil crunch and crumble under her skin. 

She began to walk slowly through the long grass which reached her chest, she watched the birds flutter across the sky and felt the golden sun warm upon her soft skin. She began to hum the lullaby her mother sang to her every night since she had been born, her sweet voice floating around the tall trees. 

"Rose!" A voice called from the distance, "Rose where are you!" 

She caught a glimpse of a tall man, with the same dark brown hair as her appear, she ducked down amongst the grass giggling and clutching the flowers to her small chest. 

"I know your here somewhere little Rose." Called the Man, beginning to look through the long grass. The girl's giggles gave away her position and she was scooped up into the strong arms of her father.

"There's my little Princess, hiding in the grass and flowers all afternoon."

"I saw a butterfwy Daddy, it was sooo prewtty. It twook me to the flwowers." She said showing him the bunch of flowers she held in her little hands.

"But you shouldn't run off Rose. Theodore, Cole and Nate were very worried when left during your game." 

She looked down guiltily, chewing on her dark red lips, "I'm sorrwy Daddy."

They walked back out of the valley and through the woods together hand in hand, till they reached a large open stretch of green in front of a grand palace where at the edge a tall teenage boy with black rumpled hair, and dark brown eyes with flecks of gold was waiting for them.

"Theo!" cried Rose, running over to be scooped up by her oldest brother.

"There you are Rosie Posy! You left in the middle of our game!" 

"She was following a butterfly." Explained their father from behind chuckling.

"It was soooo prewtty!" Said Rose her gold and silver eyes alight with excitement, "It was wight blue! Like the Skwy!"

A gorgeous woman appeared from the palace, with long black waves of hair and shinning silver eyes, on either side of her twin boys with cheeky grins, dark hair and deep grey eyes, joined them. 

"Mummy!" The girl jumped down and ran over to her Mother, a few flowers escaping her hands and floating into the breeze and her white lace dress flapping around her legs.

"My baby girl" Said Phoenix hugging her daughter tightly, "You need to stop running off into the woods and scaring us like that."

"I'm sorrwy Mummy, but I wuv the woods! It's so big and bweautifwul! Look at awll the flowers I pwicked."

"Well aren't they beautiful! We can make a whole new crown for you." 

"Yay!" Squealed Rose, wriggling in her mother's arms and jumping down again.

"Let pway a game!" Rose said excitedly, running over to one of her twin brothers and tapping his arm and squealing "IT!" and ran off across the lawn, forgetting all about her flowers, letting them be picked up by the wind and carried off with her giggling laughter. 

Phoenix stood encircled in Marcus' arms as they watched their four children play and laugh, smiling to each other and feeling blessed at what they had been given.

The small girl ran and played, laughing as her long brown curls streamed out behind her and her golden eyes shone with happiness as she chased and ran away from her brothers. Completely unaware of what awaited her in another continent, away from the tall woods, valleys, her loving family and the warm sun she knew so well.