Chapter Fourteen

Rose's POV

I opened my eyes and gasped.

"Oh Nicholas..." I whispered, turning on the spot take in the beauty that surrounded me. I stood in the centre of a rooftop wilderness, concealed in a white, rustic wood and glass green house. Vines climbed thick pillars, wild roses as far as the eye could see, along with hundreds of other flowers and trees. I felt the soft grass which had been laid down under my toes.

"What... how did..." I was speechless, breathing in the delicate scents of all these flowers and and a cool breeze that drafted through the plants.

It was all so perfect, untouched and unharmed by the ice and snow from the outside.

Nicholas came up to me holding a beautiful soft, pale pink rose in full bloom, which he carefully tucked behind my ear.

"I know this hasn't been easy for you my love." Nicholas started softly, bringing me closer to him and wrapping his arms around my waist. "You've had to leave all you know behind, your family, pack, and come to this foreign land where very few speak your language. You've spent your whole life outdoors, and it crushed me to think that you were feeling trapped here, you were almost like withering flower, because of my hard headedness." He brought his thumb up stroking my cheek.

"So, I built this for you. Your own little respite for when things get too much, freedom for you. But I know that you'll be safe up here ."

I lent up kissing him softly.

"Thank you." I whispered, staring up into Nicholas' brown and blue eyes, "No one has ever done something like this for me." I took a small breath and let my eyes close, "I love you Nicholas" I whispered, feeling a small blush bloom across my cheeks.

Slowly I looked up, unsure of his silence.

He looked shocked, almost in awe of what I had said. His eyes slightly widened, mouth almost agape. I giggled slightly, bringing my hand up to gently close his mouth.

"Do you not believe me?" I asked teasingly,

"No- It's just... Well I've lost so much, but seemed to gain so much more when you walked into my life, you are my everything Rose."

I smiled, feeling warmth, happiness and love for this man spread throughout my body.

"You are everything to me too Nicholas, and I love you for the man that you are, my destined mate."

Nicholas bent down pressing his lips to mine, his tongue tasting the seem of my lips, tasting me, spreading sparks across my skin.

"I love you too, my Rose." Nicholas murmured against my lips.

...

I explored every inch of my roof top wilderness, with Nicholas not far behind as a piked a variety of flowers. We settled in a small grave of birch trees, Nicholas' head laying in my lap and the folds of my dress skirt, as I wove and plaited the flowers I'd picked into a crown.

"How did you find tonight?" Nicholas asked, his eye lids have closed as I ran my fingers through his pale blonde hair with my spare hand.

"It was nice, I think the majority of your people have excepted me." I paused before growling slightly, "Except those aristocratic sluts who want to crawl their way into your bed."

"Ignore them darling, I do. Anyway I only have eyes for you."

Aww this man could just melt my heart sometimes, I rewarded him by giving him a quick peck on the lips and smiling smugly.

Nicholas chuckled, "I said something right?"

"Yes you did." I nodded, "Extra brownie points to you."