Chapter Six

Rose's POV

I stood in the darkness, my head pressed against the firm wood of the door as I listened for the voices to pass. Soon the laughter and shouts faded, I let out a small breath a relief. I shook my head slightly, what was going on with me? Usually I didn't care how people saw me or whether I was meeting new people or not.

I sighed, running a hand through my tangle of curls. Looking around the room I had randomly picked, I saw it wasn't particularly big, as my eyes adjusted to the darkness and my wolf senses kicked in. It seemed like a small snug room, a large arm chair by a large arched window with beautiful stained glassed edges. Next to the chair was a small sewing table covered in beautiful carvings, like many of the rooms in the castle one wall was covered by a large book case, filled with old first editions and such. On the opposite wall was a beautiful wall mural of old fairy tales, I stood looking at the detail put into each line, curl and character.

The room was cool and a little musty from disuse, a layer of dust settled on the window sill and every surface. I went over to the chair and turned on the small lamp next to it, throwing a warm glow across the room. Suddenly an uneasy and tense feeling filled my chest, my thoughts immediately went to Nicholas, oh dear, how long had I been gone?

Quickly I turned the light off and hurried out of the room, I could almost feel the tension rolling through the corridors, oh crap, ok which way back to Nicholas's wing? I lifted my nose to the air taking a deep breath I picked up on the thick heated scent of my mate.

I ran as fast as my human legs would allow, along the winding corridors and staircases, I shot passed many people in the corridor each shouting something at me in Russian, not that I could understand them, I kept going. Finally, I heard the roar my mate, and the shouts of others in Nicholas' wing.

"WHERE IS SHE!" Roared Nicholas.

"Nicholas relax! We'll find her, you only left her three hours ago, and her scent is still thick in the castle." Reasoned Ilia

"Exactly, she probably just got lost looking for something." Said another feminine voice before I heard a loud crash.

I burst in through the door and saw that the corridor now looked like a small bomb had gone off, my mate breathing heavily, a few others standing to the side.

Before Nicholas or the others had time to react at my appearance, I flew at him, wrapping my arms around his neck and pulling him towards me trying to calm him with my scent.

His arms locked around my waist, I felt his claws digging into my side, but I bit my lip to stop a whimper from escaping. Nicholas buried his noise in the crook on my neck breathing deeply, still shaking with anger.

"Where were you, why didn't you stay in my- our room" I felt rather than heard him growl into my neck.

"I got lost trying to find you." I whispered, running my fingers through his soft, pale blonde locks, in attempts to calm him.

"The window was wide open, I thought you or something or someone had..." His voice was angry but I could sense something broken behind it.

"Hey it's ok." I murmured "I'm not going anywhere." I pulled back slightly, gazing into his unique eyes and him into mine, so he could see the truth and how much I was offering of myself to him.

I was a little shaken at how quickly Nicholas' rage had escalated, surely he could pick up my scent in the Castle, so why had he flew into full possessive aggression mode rather than just following my trail.

Then I realized what Nicholas must have felt, he had his family ripped away from him at a young age and now having only just found me, someone to make him whole, only to find me gone, he could have only jumped to the worst conclusion.