Chapter Ten

Rose's POV

It's strange really, looking back to what I wanted before I met Nicholas, how I wanted a human mate who would let me travel and wouldn't become possessive of me. It felt like since arriving in Russia little piece of my personality had been forgotten about, the part which took me outside everyday of my life, the part which used to sing with the wind that blew through the palace woods back home. 

Nicholas and I returned to our room after looking at the photos of his brother and parents. We decided to spend the rest of the day in bed just the two of us in the calm silence. Around midday Nicholas fell asleep, so I snuck out of his warm embrace to shower, I steal a crisp white shirt of Nicholas' to put on after my shower, along with my matching set of pale blue underwear. 

I pin my hair up messily to stop to from getting it too wet as I turned on the warm power spray of water. I washed and shaved, using Nicholas' unique body wash again enjoying his scent roll over me. I stepped out wrapping myself in Nicholas' thick, rich towels, but not before catching a glimpse of the old scars on my chest and rib cage, a constant reminder of my weak heart and the countless operations I had undergone as an infant and small child. 

I should probably tell Nicholas about them, after all he has opened up to me so I should to him. I dried myself off, changing into my underwear and buttoning up a few of the buttons on Nicholas' shirt. Quietly I opened the door and saw my utterly gorgeous mate still fast asleep, I crawled onto the bed, I gazed down at him, a lock of his sleek, pale blond hair fell down across his forehead. 

Without knowing I found me fingers slowly tracing his strong features, his thick blonde eyebrows, down the bridge of his nose, along his sharp cheek bones and broad jaw line and finally brushing his soft warm lips, which I felt gently kiss my fingertips.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to wake you." I murmured, watching as his lips drew into a smile and his brown and blue eyes slowly opened. 

"It is definitely one of the best ways to be woken up moy lyubov, but I can think of one think to improve it." His voice was rough, thick with sleep and his strong Russian accent sending shivers through me.

"Oh? and what might that be?" I asked innocently, but with a knowing smile on my lips.

Nicholas' hand came up winding its was into my soft pinned up curls and gently bringing me down to him.

"This." Nicholas smirked, before bringing his lips to mine and setting off an explosion of sparks at the contact. The kiss started out gentle, the simple explorations of soft textures before Nicholas' other hand came up to grip and hold me closer, his lips devouring me. My leg came over so that I was  straddling him, our chests pressed against each other as I wrapped my arms around his neck, my fingers lacing into his sleek hair. 

The kiss became more urgent and passionate, our bodies moving together, rubbing against each other. Nicholas moved down from my lips kissing and sucking his way down my neck, I could barely hold back my moans at the heat that was building within me, I felt myself grow dizzy was lust and passion as Nicholas sucked harder and began to bite down on my soft skin. 

It was only when I felt his canines extending against the soft skin between my neck and collar bone, and his hands dragging down my pale lace blue panties, did a really realise what was happening and was yanked out of my lustful haze.

"Wait- Nicholas-" I gasped, planting my hands on his smooth chest and forcing him back, using all my strength not to let my hands wonder down to his rock hard abs or even further down... 

Nicholas growled lowly at being denied to claim his mate, I felt his grip tighten on me. I had to think fast, as a painful panic was building in my chest as my heart strained to keep beating. I brought my hands up stroking the soft hair at the nape of his neck, and bringing my lips close to his ear as he still had a grip on my neck.