Chapter Twenty Three

Rose's POV

"Have you done it yet?" Yelled Anya through the bathroom door at Gaby,

"Give me a minute will you!" Snapped Gaby, then there was some muttered words in french, which I suspected was Gaby cursing Anya at the very least.

"Try to be a good friend and this is the thanks I get." Anya grumbled stomping over to flop on the perfectly made bed,

The bathroom door flung open, "All done." Said Gaby, walking over to the bed and flopping down right next Anya,

"So where is it?" I asked,

"By the sink, you have to wait for three minutes till it's ready."

"Unless it works sooner! That you're so pregnant it just goes bing! You've got a bun in the oven!" Said Anya, using her hands for dramatic effect,

I couldn't help but giggle, it was quite funny how Anya had no filter and just said whatever, no matter what it was.

"I'm gonna go check" said Anya bouncing up from the bed,

"No! You have to wait, it says three minutes. It's barely been 30 seconds, sit down Anya."

"Urgh fine" grumbled Anya, "You're no fun."

I sat down on the bed next to Anya, watching as Gaby restlessly paced around the room. Staying, fidgeting on one spot for a few seconds before walking the length of the room.

"Has it been three minutes yet?" Moaned Anya to the ceiling.

"No." I said rolling my eyes,

"Rose, you go check just in case." Said Gaby ringing her hands

"You sure?"

"Mhm" Gaby mumbled, going over to collapse on the bed next to Anya and burying her face in a pillow.

I walked into the bath room and saw where Gaby had left the stick on the marble sink top. She had placed it face down, gingerly I turned it over, at first glance my heart plummeted, it was negative. She and Anya had gotten Gaby's hopes up only to crush them, but hang on a second were my eyes playing tricks on my or was there a second line.
Holding it closer to me my eye line and squinting, I smiled. Yes, it was positive, it was faint but definitely a second line.

"Rose! Fucking come on! Is it positive or not you're killing us out here!" Shouted Anya

I tried to dampen down my excitement, it was still only a faint second line, a more definite result could be done at the hospital barracks.
I went back into the bedroom to see Gaby sitting up staring at me.

"It's negative isn't it" tears were swelling in her eyes, she sniffled, "I knew it would be."

I couldn't hold back the smile as I shook my head.

Anya started laughing and yelling at the top of her lungs.

Gaby just stared blinking and whispered "what?"

"It's positive Gaby, your going to be a Mum!"
I ran over and gave her a tight hug, Anya joining in.

"I'm pregnant !"

"Yes" Anya and I laughed

"I'm pregnant !" Gaby screamed, and then we were all laughing and screaming and crying.

Suddenly there was a distant thunder of footsteps then the bedroom door flew open and Val and Leo burst into the room hackles raised l, scanning for danger before their eyes landed on us.

"We heard screaming! What the hell are you girls doing ?" Yelled Val

We just laughed harder,

"So no danger then?" Leo rolled his eyes running a hand through his hair

"Nope, unless you call a baby dangerous!" Anya giggled

"What! Shit Rose are you a labour ! Is the baby here !?" Leo went frantic and it only made us laugh harder

Gasping with laughter I wiped the tears from my eyes, "No you dimwit, I'm not in labour. However Gaby will be say in what? Four or five months !"

The boys just stared at us, clearly nothing was sinking in through those thick wolf skulls.

"Gaby's pregnant!" Anya yelled at them

"Oh... well that makes more sense." Leo said nodding, "holy shit there's going to be two kids running around this place ! Isn't that awesome ? And Illia is gonna be a dad! ... wait that's kinda worrying can he be a dad ? Like does he know what to do ?"

"Of course he can dipshit." Said val smacking Leo round the back of the head, " he's been destined to be a great dad forever."

"You really think so?" Gaby sniffled smiling,

"I know so." Val said reassuringly to Gaby, "I've only known the guy my entire life!"

She laughed at that, "urgh I feel so emotional."

"We'll duh! You are pregnant, got crazy hormones turning your body upside down." Said Anya, "you'll feel sick, hungry, cranky, not to mention the aches the pains."

"The pelvic pain is the worst, I swear mine is either cracked or just broken at this point ." I added running a hand over my own belly, and adjusting my position "after the morning sickness and stress induced fainting ... goddess that really sucked."

"Woah you two are really selling pregnancy !" Joked Leo

Gaby just shook her head, " I don't care, I've waited so long for this day... this could be my only chance and I'd go through anything for this little baby."

Tears filled my eyes, "aw Gaby that's so sweet."

Gaby began to cry too

Anya eyed us both with a mild look of disgust, "oh no, now we have two hormonal she wolves to keep from crying all the time."

...

Later after the joyful news had been spread all over the castle and neighbouring towns the father to be finally showed up with my mate. On hearing the news, the strong wolf warrior picked up his mate and held her close in his embrace, unashamedly letting his tears of happiness run free.

Once Ilia put Gaby down Nicholas hugged them both and offered his congratulations to the two of them.

"I'm so happy for you both, I can't think of two people who would make better parents. And it's means Nicholas jr will have a friend in the nursery."

"No! No no no. I already told you he isn't going to be called junior !" Rose scowled. Honestly this joke was getting old.

Nicholas and the others laughed.

"Oh keep it up buddy, let the jokes fly. But you'll have to find a new place to sleep tonight, because it sure as hell won't be with me or Paul."

"Firstly you can't kick me out my own room, I'm the king and Paul! Seriously ?" Nicholas said, "now that name I veto."

"If your not carrying the baby of pushing the baby out of your vagina. I don't think you have a right to veto anything !" Scoffed Anya

"Thank you!" I nodded my agreement, crossing my arms and raising an eyebrow at my mate as If to say, go on keep digging yourself into a hole.

"Maybe this is an argument for another time !?" Chucked Val, wrapping his arm around Anya and shaking his head at Nicholas, "baby names aren't a right issue let's celebrate the new arrival soon join us along with the Prince!"

Yes there was much to celebrate with new arrivals and friends and family.
But if anything, that only made the threat of the twisted stronger. For everything we had already had taken from
Us and so much more we stood to lose.

...