Chapter Two

Rose's POV

As I headed out the main place doors I bumped my father's Beta Adam and my Uncle Hunter, Alpha of the Bloodstone pack.

"Uncle Hunter!" I squealed, giving him a hug.

"Hi Rose, how's my favourite niece doing?"

I laughed, I was his only niece, "Not too bad, dreading tonight though. Another ball for another strong, vicious, possessive Alpha!" I said rolling my eyes.

Adam laughed, "Yes there are a lot of them, but sadly it's the duties of a Royal. Also I wouldn't say that in front of the Russians later Rose."

"Yeah, I would probably get sentenced to death or something." I said casually. 

"We have a meeting with your father now Rose, but we'll see you later at the Ball." Said Hunter 

I said goodbye tot hem and headed out across the lawn. I spotted Ella walking in the distance, I ran over to join her,

"Hey Ella!"

"Oh, hi Rose." She said quickly wiping away the tears on her cheeks.

"Oh no, what's wrong?"

"It's nothing."

"Please tell me, I might be able to help." I said pulling her to a stop to face me.

"Well... It's just Theo..."

"What was my idiot brother done now."

She smiled a little at that, "He's just so..." She let out a groan of annoyance, 

"So... so STUPID sometimes!" She said waving her arms exasperatedly.

"I already knew that."

"Ok so I've been keeping in touch with some of my friends from my old pack, especially my best friend Miles. We've known each other since we were in diapers, and he's trying to propose to his mate at the moment and I was helping him with what he could say."

She took a deep breath,

"And when Theo overheard Miles and I testing out declaration of love and long romantic speeches over the phone, he flipped out! Became all possessive convinced I was in love with Miles and he wouldn't even listen when I tried to explain!" 

Fresh tears came form her sparkling hazel eyes, "He just went all Alpha on me, saying I was his and no man was going to touch me. Then I got angry because it's not like he's been particularly faithful to the mate bond, he was a man whore form the age of 18 to 26!"

I gave a shudder remembering the parade of half naked women I met in the corridors day and night. 

"For god sake, Miles is a brother to me even the thought of us makes me sick! I've bloody well saved myself for Theo! I love him and he just can't seem to see that half the time, recently we've just been having a rocky time, our personalities clash ... sometimes I think he doesn't even want a mate, with the way he's so focussed on work." 

"Hey shhh it's ok" I said pulling her into a hug, "Theo is a complete idiot I agree, but he does care for you Ella any one can see it. I know he works a lot, but he's had being a king drilled into him as long as I can remember and then even before. As for his man whore years I have no excuse, I still shudder at the memories of them, but Ella listen to me, my brother may be a possessive Alpha arsehole, but he loves you." 

As if on cue Theo came out of the palace, spotted us and came running over. 

"Ella, baby I'm sorry. I should't have overreacted like that, I love you please, please forgive me."