Chapter Twenty Two

Rose's POV

"Well, it looks like everything is coming along nicely!" said Sasha, the Doctor who had received Nate's notes and prognosis of my condition, and would be aiding me through the pregnancy. "The young Prince has grown and developed quickly now that you're halfway through your pregnancy. Have you been feeling any strain on your heart or feeling any unusual pains?"

"Not that I can think of." I replied, "My chest has pretty much stopped bothering me since we got back, my morning sickness has finally stopped and other than the little one kicking my organs now and then I'm relatively fine."

Dr. Sasha smiled, "I'm afraid we can't do anything about the kicking, the stronger the spirit of the wolf if the child, the more restless they tend to be in the womb."

"And what about the birth? Will Rose and our son be fine?" Asked Nicholas, I gave his hand a little squeeze, I knew how much the delivery was worrying him.

"As the Queen's brother told you before, under a controlled C-section everything should go to plan. On further discussion with Dr. Blackthorn and my colleagues, we have decided to perform the surgery five days before your due date, so in just over seven weeks. Of course, we will perform and scan and checks on the Prince to ensure he is completely developed, but we feel that this is a safe date for both mother and child. We will induce you first so that your body will go into a natural labor first to cause less trauma on the body and then the C-section will be performed shortly after. "

Nicholas nodded, some of the tension leaving his body, at least he was somewhat further reassured.

"Right, we will leave the blood tests till the next check-up, but before I let you two get back to work, are there any questions or concerns you might like to ask me?" Dr. Sasha said while returning my medical documents to a blue folder marked with the royal crest.

"I think we're ok for now, right Rose?"

I nodded, my mouth feeling too dry to speak,

"Here are your photos from the sonogram, and I'll see you both in two weeks." Dr. Sasha smiled and left the room.

I looked down at the black and white pictures in my hands, my baby, my little boy.

"Our littlest wolf." Murmured Nicholas kissing my head,

I slipped down off the chair, straightening my dress Nicholas put an arm around my waist,

"We should probably start thinking about sorting out the nursery and getting things for Nicholas Junior."

"We are not calling him junior," I said firmly,

"Hey, I thought it was an American thing to call the oldest son junior."

"Not for werewolves."

"Don't you like my name?" Asked Nicholas feigning hurt but I could see the teasing mirth in his blue and brown eyes,

"Of course I like your name, but I don't want to call out for one of you and have both appear, and I can't stand the idea of calling him junior."

"Ok, ok, we'll keep brainstorming."

"Good." I placed my hands protectively over my belly as we walked down the corridor, to protect my son from his father's idiotic ideas.

To be honest, I hadn't even thought about names for our son yet, it seemed like something so far off in the future that it didn't seem quite real. Now everything was becoming a lot more realistic and sudden, I was beginning to panic. On the outside, I was smiling happily with my mate, but inside I was mentally screaming.