Chapter Seventeen

Rose's POV

So... that did not go as I expected!

"I'm pregnant."

For what felt like a solid minute Nicholas just stared at me.

"Um, Nicholas?"

He made no reply just sat frozen, staring.

I waved a hand in front of my mate's face, still no response. "Nicholas snapped out of this!" His lack of emotion was starting to freak me out, and put doubts in my mind.

I shook his shoulders, no response.

I gave him a firm slap in the face. Still No response!

I groaned, getting up and bringing my hands to my face, "Look, I know it's not ideal timing, with the attacks, and all the danger that doesn't seem to be going away anytime soon, and by the looks of your reaction you don't want the baby but-" I rambled on,

"Don't want the baby!" Nicholas finally spoke, interrupting me "Of course I want the baby! Our amazing baby! YOU ARE AMAZING!"

He picked me up and span me around, I yelped and laughed clinging to his neck.

"So you happy then?" I asked smiling

"Happy! Rose, I'm over the moon! And it's all because of you." He kissed me,

"Well, it takes two to tango." I laughed breaking away.

"How do you feel about it?" Nicholas asked, calming down now and looking me in the eyes,

"Um, I'm ok. Scared but mostly happy. A little annoyed that Agnia predicted this would happen."

Nicholas chuckled,

"Also I suppose I did have a sneaking suspicion, with how rotten and sick I was feeling all the time since we had our week of basically non-stop sex. I guess I was just in denial."

"What else?" Nicholas asked, tucking a stray hair behind my ear, "I can see it in your eyes, tell me, whatever it is."

"I feel guilty..."

"Why my love?"

"because my brother has just died. This baby scares me but makes me so incredibly happy and hopeful... when I should be sad, mourning the loss of my brother." I could feel the tears building in my eyes again, "These two massive conflicting feelings, both fighting to overpower me, and I don't know which to listen to..."

"Rose, your brother would want you to be happy, just as he was when he found out about Genesis. Theodore wouldn't want you to let your grief stop you from living your life."

I nodded, sniffling and wiping away my tears, "Your right."

"It's the same advice I was given by my Aunt after I lost my parents and brother, and it helped me."

"So when are going?" I asked sitting back down on the hospital bed.

"Going?" Asked Nicholas, confused,

"Back to America of course."

"I thought we agreed to go later after Genesis was born."

"Yes, and now she's been born and it's later! But obviously, I need to be there for Theo's funeral Nicholas."

Nicholas frowned, rubbing the back of his neck awkwardly, "Rose, I know you want to be there to bury your brother, but I can't allow it especially with Sokolov still out there, and the attack so recent. You're still recovering from the operation, the journey would be too long on hard, with far too many security risks. I'm sorry my love but I refuse to put you or our unborn pup in that kind of danger."