Chapter Eleven

Rose's POV

"Nicholas?" I called from my reading chair in mine and Nicholas' bedroom.

"Yes?" His voice came from the bathroom.

"Can I ask you something?"

"You just did." He shot back cheekily,

I rolled my eyes, honestly boys! My stupid mate appeared from the bathroom smirking at my scowl,

"I'm just teasing Roza." Smirked Nicholas kissing the frown lines on my forehead before going to lie back on our bed,

I sighed, carefully tucking an old book mark between the pages of the book of Myths I had been reading.

"When were you going to tell me about my introduction ball?"

"Who told you about the introduction ball?"

"Anya and Gaby"

Nicholas sat up, "Well I was actually going to postpone it, many of the court have been pressuring about organising it, but I didn't know if you were ready to deal with the royal court."

I quirked up one eyebrow, "You do know that I am a princess right? And have grown up in court."

"Yes, I know you're a Princess Rose, but Russian court is very different to that of the one you grew up in America, and I suspect that you were shielded from a lot of it by your parents and brothers."

I sat up straighter, my pride slightly wounded, yes I was quite wild for a Princess, however I still knew the life of court and the required etiquette, and especially how to survive in it.

"Well don't bother postponing it, it's about time I met your advisors and such, also I want to be a good Queen and have a role, not stay tucked away. So thank you for your concern but I am perfectly capable of dealing with court life." I said slightly stiffly not looking at him and returning to my book.

"Rose, I didn't mean-" Nicholas started but I cut him off snapping my book shut,

"Nicholas, I want to be worthy to stand by your side, as your mate and Queen. How can I do that if I don't even fulfil my duties."

"Rose, I know you will be the best Queen for my people, and are more than worthy. Another reason for us not having your introduction yet is because everyone will expect you to bare my mark, it is supposed to show our unity but also that you are my true mate and Queen and not some imposter. Believe me I want to mark you as mine, every time you walk past another male, I want to claw them to pieces!" He took a deep breath,

"Oh... and you can't present me as Queen until I'm marked."

"I'm afraid so, yes. I don't want to force something on you that you're not ready for Rose, I mean your only eighteen."

I rolled my eyes, "Don't start pretending like my age is the issue here, it didn't mean anything when we first met and it doesn't matter now! So what if I'm seven years younger than you!"

"So you're saying you want to be marked, mated, crowned Queen and become most likely pregnant with my heir right now. When in your country your not even a legal adult or allowed to drink legally."

"Nicholas where is this coming from!?" I asked a little affronted at his sudden objections to my age and fulfilling my duties as his mate and Queen right away.

"I'm not saying I don't want you Rose, I just want you to know what your getting into so soon."

I let everything he had said sink in, it wasn't a shock. No, I wasn't shocked or scared, if anything I knew this would happen, my wolf was practically clawing my mind apart from the lack of action between Nicholas an I. But I was irritated by his attitude,