Chapter Four

Rose's POV

I didn't sleep much that night. I just lay awake thinking about him, I couldn't get him out of my head even when I tried. His scent was still lingering in the air around my balcony, so at 4:00 in the morning I took a blanket and a book and just sat out there, breathing in the air and watching the sun rise. 

At 8:00am I saw two sleek black sports cars pull emerge from the wooded drive, he was here! I jumped up and ran into my closet, I picked out my spaghetti strapped navy skater dress, covered  in pale cherry blossoms. I pulled on my navy Toms, before quickly running a brush through my long brown curls, I braided in some more cherry blossoms from my balcony and pinned back the braids to create a half up half down look, leaving a few stray curls to frame my face. 

I hurried out of my room, taking the stairs two or three at a time and startling quite a few maids as I flew by. I slowed coming to the open front doors, he stepped out of the car and saw me, a slow smile crept onto his handsome face as his gaze took in my breathless state, lingering on my exposed legs and low cut dress. 

I flew into his embrace, he nuzzled into the crook of my neck taking deep breaths of my scent. I had known him less than twenty four hours and he already had this intense pull of power over me. 

"Hello again my mate." he murmured, nipping at my ear and sending heat through my body. 

"Hello Nicholas." I whispered back, blush rushing to my cheeks. 

A loud cough came from behind me and we turned to see my scowling father, and three brothers. I blushed even more if that was possible and tried to pull away from Nicholas, who had other plans and gripped me by the waist holding me possessively to his side. Hi nodded his head towards my father in greeting, "Alpha King Marcus."

"Alpha King Nicholas, let's get this done shall we." he said, a snarl edging his voice. 

Hurt and anger bubbled in my chest at the attitude of my father, he despised my mate and seemed to want the both of us gone. 

We followed them to my father's office, one of Nicholas' men accompanying us. I shot him a few tentative looks, like Nicholas he had a cold emotionless face with dark hair and dark brown eyes. When we arrived at the Office Mum and Ella were waiting for us. 

The tense atmosphere was obvious, Mum and Ella shared a look before following us all in. My father sat behind his desk with my mother behind his shoulder, my brothers and Ella sat on the sofa, Nicholas' guy stood by the door. Nicholas too the chair opposite the desk and pulled me onto his lap. 

My father narrowed his eyes but said nothing.

"So, what more do you wish to discuss, as we've completed treaty." Asked Nicholas, his voice hard.

"You know dam well-" growled my father. 

"Marcus, remember what we talked about." Snapped my mother. 

"Fine!" He snarled, "What are your plans now."

"I think it's fairly obvious, I will return to Russia and Rose," He looked down at me a silent question in his eyes, I smiled and gave a small nod. 

"And Rose will come with me." Nicholas gave cool smirk. 

"Over my dead bod-" Started my father menacingly, 

"For crying out loud Marcus! Just bloody well stop and think, have you even stopped to ask Rose what she wants before trying to control her life, without even talking to me I might add!" Snarled my mother, she was getting just as angry as Dad. 

"NO! BUT I AM DOING WHATS BEST FOR HER, ROSE NEEDS TO BE LOOKED AFTER. SHE IS TOO ILL TO DECIDE THIS ON HER OWN." He, finally snapped, standing up growling, eyes pitch black.