Chapter Three

Rose's POV

"May I have this dance my Mate?" Nicholas asked so only I could hear, his English as perfect, but that Russian accent was still thick in his voice sending shiver down my spine. He held his hand for my to take.

"Yes" I whispered, and placed my small warm hand into his large cool one, fire and sparks seemed to explode where our skin touched. 

Murmurs erupted around us, but I ignored them having eyes only for my Mate. Cole introduced his piece, "The piece is called, 'You are the Reason' by Callum Scott."

The piano started, Nicholas put his hand around my waist, sparks played through the silk, while I placed mine on his shoulder and the other in his strong hand. Then we started, him leading me gracefully across the dance floor.

There goes my heart beating
'Cause you are the reason
I'm losing my sleep

Please come back now

I was lost completely never taking my eyes off his as he spun my and held my waist, sparks and fire exploded at our contact making me feel helpless and alive.

There goes my mind racing
And you are the reason
That I'm still breathing
I'm hopeless now

I'd climb every mountain
And swim every ocean
Just to be with you
And fix what I've broken
Oh, 'cause I need you to see
That you are the reason

His handsome face held little emotion, but I could see in his eyes the awe he felt looking down at  me, "I've been looking for you, for such a long time little mate." he murmured, as his face came close to mine, dipped me low to the ground than spun me and brought me back to his strong arms again. 

There goes my hand shaking
And you are the reason
My heart keeps bleeding
I need you now

If I could turn back the clock
I'd make sure the light defeated the dark
I'd spend every hour, of every day
Keeping you safe

Everyone seemed to be watching us now, the others who had been dancing melted away into the crowds, leaving just Nicholas and I. Even Cole watched as he sung, a smile gracing his lips, he must have guessed what we were to each other, it wasn't hard to see when watching us dance together.

And I'd climb every mountain
And swim every ocean
Just to be with you
And fix what I've broken
Oh, 'cause I need you to see
That you are the reason, oh 
(I don't wanna fight no more)
(I don't wanna hurt no more)
(I don't wanna cry no more)
(Come back, I need you to hold me closer now)  

Nicholas lifted me into the the air and then I slowly slid back down his chest, my hands resting o his shoulders, sparks dancing with every touch and caress.

You are the reason, oh
(Just a little closer now)
(Come a little closer now)
(I need you to hold me tonight)

Cole's voice became softer, when he came to the final verse. But I only had eyes for my mate, I couldn't get enough of looking at him. I felt like a missing part of me just clicked in and I was now whole. Nicholas spun me for a final time, the folds of my dress swooping out and my long brown curls flowing around me.

I'd climb every mountain
And swim every ocean
Just to be with you
And fix what I've broken
'Cause I need you to see
That you are the reason

The song came to an end, Nicholas and I slowed to a stop. I gave a curtsy, bowing my head and Nicholas bowed low, placing his soft lips on my hand, it set my skin alight and my heart into over drive, it was beating so hard and fast I felt that foreboding ache appear, it was under too much strain, I needed to calm down.