Chapter Five

Rose's POV

"Moy Lybov." A voice murmured in my ear, I frowned and squirmed, turning my face closer into the warm, hard chest I was sleeping on, it rumbled with laughter. "Come now, moy Lybov, it's time to wake up."

"Do I have to?" I whispered , my voice husky with sleep, and still keeping my eyes tightly closed.

I felt feather light kisses on both of my eyelids, spreading warmth and a smile to my lips.

"Rose, open your eyes moy lybov, we have arrived."

I felt my heart beat pick up, and butterflies dance in my stomach. Here we were. The place where the rest of my life would play out, for better or worse.

Slowly I opened my eyes, and was greeted by the handsome face of my mate, a smirk playing on his soft lips. He lent down and kissed me, filling my whole body with warmth and tingles.

"Look who finally decided to join us." Nicholas smiled after pulling away.

I blushed and shook my head, "Hey! I didn't sleep much last night, can't a girl sleep when she can!"

"What kept you awake last night my love?" A knowing smirk on his face, Nicholas knew exactly what kept me up last night. Him. Constantly running through my mind.

Ignoring his smug face, I pushed myself up and off of Nicholas' lap, and stretching the cramp out of my limbs. I looked around, and saw Valentine, Ilia and Leo packing their belongings and papers in breath cases and such, Leo caught me watching them and gave me a playful wink.

I peaked a look out one of the small windows, and was confused for a second, everything was white!? Were we still in the air, amongst the clouds? Then suddenly I realised.

"Wait! Is that all snow!" I said, excitement making my voice rising an octive higher. I may be 18 but that didn't mean I couldn't act like a kid when I wanted.

"Haven't you seen snow before?" Asked Leo, bemused.

"Of course I've seen it before." I said in a duh voice, "But we never had anything other than a light dusting, but not in a very long time. This looks like an avalanche!" I said returning my attention to the crisp white wonderland outside the window.

I heard the plane door open, as the pilot and hostess' prepared our exit. A cold gust of icy wind rushed into the plane, making my short summer dress flap around my thighs and goose bumps erupt across my skin.

I shivered physically, rubbing my arms to create warmth. I had definitely dressed for the wrong continent. Nicholas came over to me holding a thick, tan coloured, fur lined trench coat.

"Here Rose, put this on."

I took it gratefully, and wrapping myself up quickly in it. Nicholas had put on a long dark trench coat, with the lapels embroidered with a gold braid, he came over to me wrapping his arm securely around my waist, holding me to his side.

"Are you ready?" He asked, amusement at my excitement of snow, still etched on his face.

"As I'll ever be." I whispered, nodding.

Nicholas lead me out of the plane and the down the steps into white obis, where a number of big, sleek, black 4x4s were eating for us. I gripped Nicholas' arm, as my bare legs were attacked by the icy cold.

Tall, dark men dressed in long black trench coats and fur hats were waiting by the cars fur us and opened the doors for us to climb in. Nicholas greeted a few of them muttering exchanges in Russian and clasping hands.

Soon we were moving again, Nicholas pressed up next to me despite the spacious car, as I stared out of the window watching the different landscapes fly by. We had been driving for about an hour, my head resting on Nicholas' shoulder, still watching the surroundings, as he did something on a tablet.