Chapter Seven

Rose's POV

The soft rise and fall of my mate's chest woke me the next morning, I was snuggled close in his embrace, half lying on his chest with my head tucked under his chin. A smile grew on my lips at the soft tingles that played on the contact of our skin. 

I felt a cool breeze lift my hairs, I carefully glanced round to the open window, where the sun was just beginning to break through the mountains and trees. Longing for the outdoors wrenched in my chest as snow flakes floated in, gathering on the open sill. 

I looked back at Nicholas still fast asleep, his handsome face calm and relaxed, his dusky blonde lashes brushing his skin. Carefully I pulled away from him, trying not to disturb him from sleep, I quietly edged off the bed, I froze as his hand reached out searching for me but then stopped. 

I let out a breath I hadn't realised I was holding as I crept over to the window. I lent out taking in a deep breath of fresh, crisp morning air. In the distance, I saw movement in the pack village as the early rises began their day. My gaze fell again on the looming, tall pine woods, intimidating and cast with shadows. I wanted to run out immediately and explore this new land and its people, Nicholas had promised to show me around today, it probably wasn't wise to go running off again with our letting Nicholas know. 

I sighed, pulling back from the window, my wolf and I weren't used to being so enclosed, we would cope for now, but I refused to bend rules and unjust regulations just for the sake of tradition or ancestors, I didn't back home and I wouldn't here. 

I glanced back at my still sleeping mate before going into the wardrobe where my small travel bag was, I pulled out a long knitted jumper dress, a faded royal blue colour, which I used to wear around christmas time, but seemed a lot more appropriate now, it was one of my few warm clothes I had brought with me. 

I softly padded to the bathroom, quietly locking the door behind me. I put my things down and stripped out of Nicholas t-shirt, before heading over to the sleek power shower. It was glorious standing under the hot, thundering water, even though I had brought a few of my own toiletries I decided to use Nicholas' intriguing oils tow as my hair and body. They seemed to be homemade or at least made within the pack from some kind of natural remedy. I loved the feeling of this pine, earthy scent washing over me as I washed my curls, once all the suds and oil had washed away I turned the water off and stepped out, wrapping a towel tightly around myself, ignoring the pale puckered pink scars which adorned my chest from the numerous heart operations I had endured in infancy and as a young child. 

I began to towel dry my hair, then running my fingers through it to undo the curly tangles. I pulled on my matching set of lacy, pale pearl pink underwear and bra, next I pulled on my jumper dress, it hung on one shoulder, leaving one bare. 

I caught sight of my refection in the mirror, my slight but curvy figure, my hair chocolate brown with wild curls, my golden eyes wide, lined with dark thick lashes

I caught sight of my refection in the mirror, my slight but curvy figure, my hair chocolate brown with wild curls, my golden eyes wide, lined with dark thick lashes. Was I really the mate of the Russian Alpha King? Was I worthy to be the Queen of one of the strongest wolf nations, It seemed to only now be hitting me what my role would be.