Chapter 7 - Astonishment of the heart.

Dil Ki Hairani.
(Astonishment of the heart.)

"Kabi kabi, humari naseeb me wohi likha hain jo dil chahta hain"

"Sometimes the one who our heart desires, is the one that is written in our destiny."

-Jawhariy

Deception, betrayal and lies are qualities that are not appreciated by anyone

Deception, betrayal and lies are qualities that are not appreciated by anyone. Once a person is guilty of these qualities, it is very difficult to earn trust and respect again and many a times trust and respect is never ever earned again.

Mahmood Siddiqi realised this when Dawood along with Daaniyaal came knocking on their door the day before the Nikaah.

He had welcomed them warmly when they had entered, but didn't expect to receive cold glares and disappointed looks in return.

Immediately he had a hunch why they had come, his suspicions were confirmed when they had demanded to know why they had hidden the truth and that they wished to break off all ties with them.

Mahmood was desperate to marry his daughter off, he didn't want her to remain single for her entire life.

He knew many women got married for the second time, but some were not lucky enough to be given a second chance, especially if they had eloped. Once a woman's reputation was tarnished, it was ruined for the rest of her life.

He knew it was wrong to hide the truth, but he didn't want to put himself and his daughter through shame once again.

He didn't know how to break the news to his daughter, it seemed like she genuinely liked Daaniyaal.

She would be broken, but he was the only one to blame.

She had flat out refused to lie, she was adiment on telling the truth, but he had prevented her and now look what he had done!

Bushra buried her face into her pillow as sobs raked through her body uncontrollably.

She had rushed down towards the living room, wanting to hear what had brought the Malek family to her home the day before the Nikaah.

She hadn't expected to have no Nikaah at all.

She felt the pain growing in her heart again, this is what she deserved for going against her parents and marrying a man that they didn't approve of.
She deserved the way he had treated her and she deserved what had happened to her now. This was the consequences of her immodesty.