Chapter 13 - Transformation of the heart.

"Jab aurat apni libaas main, apni kalaam main, aur apni tameez main naik hain, wo sab se khubsurat aurat ban jaati hain." 

"When a woman is righteous in her dress, her speech and her manners, she becomes the most beautiful of women."

* * *

They walked briskly, hurrying towards the departure terminal. The wheels of the luggage laiden trolley  rolled smoothly on the porcelain tiles of the airport as they scurried forward.

Razina and Dawood lagged behind, unable to keep up with their pace. 

The arrival terminal buzzed with activity. Chauffeurs who waited for the  passengers they were appointed to pick up, dressed in suits, name tags clipped on their shirts, little kids  who ran around as the baloons they clutched, bobbed in the air, families that awaited the arrival of loved ones, some held bouquets of  flowers and roses, impatiently awaiting the arrival of their beloveds.

Naailah slowed down when she realised they were walking too fast.

Daaniyal halted , passing her a questioning look.

"Is something wrong?"

She turned around, looking for Razina and Dawood amidst the crowd.

"Ammi and Abba can't really keep up with our pace, I think we left them far behind."

Daaniyaal smiled.

"It's okay they know their way around, we have to hurry, we're already late.
We need to board soon. "

She nodded, following him, as he weaved through the crowd.

As they joined the que, her thoughts reeled back to her encounter with Waqaas.

She hadn't really noticed it before, but when he came to greet them at the doorstep of the house before they departed, he looked extremely disturbed and worried. It seemed like something serious  was troubling him.

When she had mentioned it to Razina  enroute to the  airport, she told Naailah that he was behaving very oddly before  he had departed for  Pakistan and that his entire demeanour changed since he returned. Her mother in law had also admitted that she did attempt to enquire what it was that was troubling him, but he refused to confide in her. 

Naailah didn't really have an opportunity  to question her mother in law further, but she made a mental note to discuss the matter with Waqaas after they returned from their vacation.
She just hoped it wasn't anything serious, something like him being involved with drugs or something  even worse.

After fulfilling the formalities of checking their passports and weighing their luggage, the couple hastily greeted Dawood and Razina, who bid them farewell and supplicated for their safety.

As Naailah grabbed hold of her hand luggage, Razina stepped forward, embracing her once again.

"Meri Jaan, Daaniyaal ka khayaal rakhna, waqt par khaana khoa aur zyada der tak bahaar nahi ghumo!"
(My darling, take care of Daaniyaal, eat on time and don't roam around till very late.)

Dawood held Razina by her shoulder.

"Arey Razina! Fikar mat karo, bas chand din ki baat hain. Tum to  Naailah beti ko aesi bayaan de rahi ho jese ke dono hamesha ke liye dusre mulk main rehne jaa rahe hain."
(Oh Razina! Don't worry, it's only a matter of a few days. You are giving  Naailah daughter a lecture like they both going to stay in another country forever.)

Razina huffed and Dawood ushered them to depart, rolling his eyes at his wife's dramatics.

A mother was a mother after all and a mother  was always concerned regarding her children's well being.