Chapter 29 - Lonely Heart

Tanha Dil

Lonely Heart

Hardhat Ali رضى الله عنه narrated: " To regret a sin, wipes away a sin, and to boast about your good deeds, destroys your good deeds."

* * *

Recap:

He turned his back to her.

"You cannot put all the blame on me now Waqaas! You knew from before! Yes, the Nikaah happened suddenly and was hard for you to digest. Maybe you had hope that you could win over my heart, but you already knew I didn't like you in that way. So don't act as if I am the only one who is wrong here!"

"As for your lecture about interacting with non mahrams! Yes, you are one hundred percent right and I really hope that you can take your own advise and stop speaking to me as well! It was a sin then and now it's an even bigger sin, as I'm your brother's wife, a married woman and your intentions are filled with malice and evil!!"

He banged the door behind him, leaving Naailah in a heap of hiccups and tears.

Unable to handle the stress any longer, she felt a sharp pain in her chest and before she could figure out what was happening, she was pulled into an abyss of darkness once again. It seemed like darkness was her new norm and kept welcoming her with open arms.

* * *

Sakina hummed to herself as she flipped the last roti. She placed two rotis in a small hot pot, along with some Bartha on a tray. She grabbed a bottle of still water and headed up the stairs towards her daughter in law's room.

Naailah loved meat dishes before she fell pregnant. For the last few days meat increased her nausea.
Sakina made sure that she cooked a vegetable dish on the side, whenever she cooked meat.

She knocked softly on the door, but heard no response.

She thought of turning away.

Naailah might be sleeping. I shouldn't disturb her.

She was about to head back down the stairs, but her gut feeling urged her not to.

Maybe I should just check on her...she wasn't feeling too well this morning.

Going with her gut feeling, she entered the room and saw Naailah asleep, while sitting, her head resting on the pedestal.

She shook her head in amusement.

How did this girl manage to fall asleep in such an awkward posture.

Sakina placed the tray on the pedestal, then hurried to lift Naailah's head and rest it on the pillow.

Her forehead wrinkled in concern when she felt Naailah's head burning with a high temperature.

"Naailah, wake up my child. You've got a fever beta."