Chapter 18 - Protection Of The Eyes.

Aankho Ki Hifaazat.

Protection of the eyes.

"Hifaazate nazr par, qurb Ilaahi ki mithaas kaa inaam."

By guarding the gaze you achieve the sweetness of becoming close to Allah SWT.

* * *

Only after she had greeted him and sat down oppsisite to him, did she notice her father sitting at the far end of the garden, sipping his tea. Ofcourse, he would be sitting there, they were not supposed to be left all alone as they were not mahrams to each other. He wasn't too near, so they didn't feel uncomfortable, but at the same time he was close enough to hear whatever they were saying.

Ayaaz knew that their conversation shouldn't be too long and that he just needed to ask her what was most important, there was no need to have a legnthy and friendly conversation and speak about unnecessary things, if things worked out  and they did end up getting married, they would have their whole lives ahead of them to converse with each other regarding various topics and then they could talk about anything and everything for as long as they wanted to.

Without wasting time, he initiated the conversation.

"I apologise in advnace if some of my questions seem too blunt or straightforward, I just feel like this is an important decision in our lives and we have to be open and honest."

Bushra nodded, without lifting her gaze, her heartbeat picked up speed when she heard his words.

It's not like she didn't expect him to say something like this, after all they did know about her first marriage and how it had taken place. Ayaaz was not married before, yet he was still willing to ask for her hand in marriage, he had a right to ask whatever he wanted to.

She replied reluctantly.

"I agree."

He noticed the reluctant look on her face as well as the various emotions flashing in her eyes, as she took her time to answer him.

He almost felt bad for being so blunt, but it was the only way he could get his answers and ease his heart.

"Alright, so I'm going to commence, if you don't mind."

She nodded again.

"Have you agreed to this proposal willingly? I hope you were not forced into this."

He wanted to ask her if she still had feelings for her ex husband and if she was only doing this to make her father happy, but that would be a very abrupt way to question her.

She met his gaze for a few seconds then quickly looked down, shaking her head.

"I've accepted this proposal willingly, my parents didn't enforce anything on me."

His heart was put to rest, slightly.

She looked sincere when she answered. If she did this willingly that meant that she moved on from her previous marriage and she didn't want anything to do with her ex husband. He was relieved to hear her answer.