Chapter 17 -Sins Of The Eyes.

Aankho Ke Gunaahe

The sins of the eyes.

"Aise bhi log mere aas paas hain,
 Jin ke dilo main zehar,
 Zuban main mithaas hain."

There are also some people close to me  who have poison in their hearts, but sweetness on their tongues."

* * *

The warm rays of the sun shone upon his eye lids, as he remained deep in thought, hoping that he made the right decision. The side of his head rested against the car window, one hand clasped the bottle of ice cold water tightly, while the fingers of his other hand tapped a tune of nervousness on his knee.

He had made his final decision willingly and with a clear mind. He had agreed to go and meet Bushra and her family and put forward his proposal, after which they would both make istikhara and see where it lead to from there onwards.

His father had been overjoyed when he had heard his answer. His sisters just remained silent, for they were still shocked by the turn of events, and as for his mother, she lashed out angrily at him and told him that he was ruining his  life, after that she was completely morbid. She ignored him completely, despite his attempts at making conversation.

They were currently on the way to Bushra's house and even though he was only going to put forward his proposal and nothing was confirmed yet, anxiety consumed his heart, causing his heart to beat in an unusual rhythm.

After what seemed like forever, they had finally reached their destination.

Ayaaz felt his heart picking up speed and thudding violently in his chest, as if he had ran a marathon.

He stepped out of the car, gulping in the fresh air, as he followed the rest of his family to the entrance of the house.

If they had just came as normal visitors they would have definitely  stayed at their house, but now they were coming as prospective in laws  and Saaqib felt that it would not be appropriate for them to stay at their house.

Ayaaz had also agreed with his father and so had his mother, her reason obviously being very  different from theirs.

Ayaaz hoped that his mother atleast behaved ammicably. He knew how hard headed, stubborn and insultive she could be when she didn't like someone and he didn't even want to think about how harsh she would be if that someone she disliked would possibly be her daughter in law.

Being sweet and kind to Bushra was very far fetched, so he didn't expect that from his mother at all. He just wished that she would  keep her calm facade  and not say anything hurtful to the girl or her mother.

* * *

She dried her hands with the kitchen towel, after placing the last washed plate on the dish rack.

She turned around, about to grab some cold juice from the fridge, but screamed and stepped back in fright, hitting her lower back against the sink.

She winced as the pain shot up her back.

She placed her hand on her thudding heart, glaring at him.

"Waqaas are you insane! Are you trying to give me a heart attack  at this young age! Why did you scare me like that?"