Chapter 12 - Rebuke of the heart.

Dil Ki Sarznish
(Rebuke Of The Heart)

" Namaaz ko mat kaho mujhe kaam karna hain, kam ko kaho mujhe namaz parni hain."

"Don't tell your Salaah I have work to do, tell your work, I have to read Salaah."

* * *

A halo of light encircled her head as she sat on the grass, beneath the fluorescent garden light, her hands were cupped beneath her chin as tears cascaded down her cheeks, glinting under the moon light.The cold air nipped at her exposed face and hands, tinging her cheeks with a pink blush.

She sobbed before her Lord, seeking His forgiveness for all her past sins and begging Him to assist her in every step of her life.

Less than two hours ago they had arrived at the Khan residence.
Even though they had arrived quite late, Saaqib Khan, his wife and his daughter had remained awake in anticipation of their arrival and they had also prepared some savouries and steaming hot chai, incase they were hungry.

After they had helped them to clear up the tables, they all resorted to their respective rooms so that they could get some hours of sleep before Fajjar Salaah.

Mahmood and Gulshan were allocated a guest room. A matress with fluffy pillows and warm blankets was placed in Shireen's room.

The warmth of the heater gave the room a cozy atmosphere and Sireen's kindness made Bushra feel comfortable, yet sleep still refused to reach her. As usual her thoughts kept her awake.

When she was sure that Shireen was asleep, she grabbed a shawl and silently crept into the back garden. She could have cried to her Lord in the warmth of the room, but she didn't want to disturb Shireen's peaceful sleep.

Just before she could get up and finally retire for the night , something fell softly on her lap.

Her eyes snapped open and when her gaze landed on the cigarrate stump on her lap, she screeched.

She threw the stump to the side, fuming.

She didn't have a problem with people who smoked, but she had a major problem when they were not cautious regarding where they discarded their cigarettes and whoever threw their cigarette stump on her was about to get a piece of her mind!

She stood up swiftly, her gaze landing on the back of somones head. He sat on the garden chair, a few feet away from where she had been sitting, his head was lowered as if he was in deep thought and there were earphones in his ears.

She rolled her eyes, whether he was in deep thought or not, she didn't care, he would still get a lecture for being so careless!

She marched towards him, until she stood a few feet away from him, but he didn't seem to notice her.

Clearing her throat would be of no use as he wouldn't hear her, so she decided to walk further and stand opposite him.

When he noticed a shadow casting over him, he yelped in surprise and almost jumped out of his chair.

Bushra pursed her lips, holding back her laugh.