Chapter 30 - Betrayal Of The Heart.

Dil Ki Dhoka

Betrayal Of The Heart

Jab koi dil dhukae to hume chup rehna chahiye.
Jinhe hum jawab nahi dete,
Unhe waqt jawab deta hain.

When someone hurts our heart, we should remain silent.
Those who we do not reply to, time replies to them.

* * *

Naailah had just fallen asleep once again when she heard someone burst into the room.

She forced her eyelids open, slowly. Smiling faintly when she saw just who she suspected to see.

Daanyal leaned towards her and planted a chaste kiss on her forehead.

"Yaar, you're really making me old before my time, biwi."

She rolled her eyes.

"As if you were so young and vibrant when I married you!"

He raised his brow, leaned closer to her so that their noses touched.

"As if I was some budha, say what you want I may be older than you but I know I'm still quite young, vibrant and handsome. Maa Shaa Allaah.... and I know you think the same!"

With a flustered expression, she pushed him back gently.

"We're in a hospital my love, no PDA please."

He winked.
"The door is closed and no one is watching us, even if they are I'm your husband!"

He held her hand.
"How are you feeling?"

"Still a little weak and tired. I don't think they're going to discharge me today. You should go home, freshen up  and rest."

He sighed.
"You need to look after yourself Jaani, it's not only you now there's a baby to see to as well."

She looked at him guiltily.
"I know, I'm sorry! I  promise to be more responsible from now on."

He stood up, pecked her head.

"I'm going home to change and pack an overnight bag for me. Let me know if you need anything."

She shook her head in disapproval.

"I'll be fine alone, you don't need to sleep here."

He gave her a stern look and pointed to the sleeper couch against the wall.

"That's here for a reason. I will definitely be staying here tonight."

"Hamna is at our house, ask her to pack a bag for me. She will know what I need. Oh, and tell her not to forget my Salaah burka and Musallah."

His heart filled with pride, even in this state her prayers were her first priority.

"Alright see you later then, rest while I'm gone."

* * *

Halfway through the flight Ayaaz decided to share the other half of the surprise with Bushra.