Chapter 31 - War Of The Heart

Dil Ki Jang

War Of The Heart

"Sometimes the strength within you is not a big fiery flame for all to see, it's just a tiny spark that whispers: "you got this, keep going."

* * *

A few days had passed since Naailah had been discharged from hospital. The men had all left for their Esha prayers, whilst the women cleared the supper table.

Since, Manaal and her parents were also present, the house had two extra females to lend a helping  hand. Sakina had prohibited Naailah from doing any chores until she was healthy and strong again.

Naailah placed a gentle kiss on her mother in laws hand, and smiled at her with gratitude.

Alhamdulilah. Allaah سبحانه وتعالى had blessed her with the best mother in law she could have ever asked for. Naailah always felt a stronger bond with her than she did with her own mother, and she worried that if she became her mother in law, that bond would be shattered, but she was so wrong! It only became stronger than before...

She retired to her room, and headed to the bathroom.After she had completed her wudhu, she made sure she looked presentable, she covered herself well, wearing one of her favorite floral Salaah burkas, moisturized her hands and tucked in all her stray hairs.

Initially, she never took out the time to check if she looked presentable enough to stand infront of her Creator. She never thought of it that way, that she was going to have a conversation with the King of all kings, that she was going to stand infront of the Lord of the entire universe. Allaah سبحانه وتعالى would reply to every aaya of Suratul Faatiha. Allaah سبحانه وتعالى would listen to every word, He would be attentive to her, as long as she was attentive to the way she performed her Salaah.

It was something she noticed her mother always did. She might not have had the best relationship with her mother, but she had still learnt alot of good things from her.

Her mother would always make sure that her clothes were fresh and clean, she made sure to wear her best abaya or her best Salaah burka. She would also make sure that her face was fresh, and she was presentable, the way she would be infront of any guest or when visiting someone. She would do it every day, for every Salaah, not only on auspicious nights and days. 

She would remind Naailah that Allaah سبحانه وتعالى  replied to every aaya  of Suratul Faatiha that you recite. The Surah comprises of seven verses. Of these, the first three are in praise of Allaah, while the last three contain a request or prayer on the part of man, which Allaah سبحانه وتعالى himself has, in His infinite mercy, taught him.

Abu Huraira رضي الله عنه reports  that the Holy Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم said: "Allaah has said: 'The Salaah (ie., the Surah Al-Faatiha) is equally divided betwen Me and My servant, and My servant shall be given what he prays for."

The Holy Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم continued: "When the servant says:

اَلْحَمْدُ لِلّٰهِ رَبِّ الْعٰلَمِيْنَ
Praise belongs to Allaah, the Lord of the Worlds.

Allaah سبحانه وتعالى says: "My servant has paid his homage to me."

الرَّحْمٰنِ الرَّحِيْمِ

The Most Gracious, The Most Merciful.

Allaah سبحانه وتعالى says: "My servant has praised me."