the one where she fights crime

one

The frigid air burned her face and throat as Fiona walked down the street, wrapping her coat around herself tighter

The frigid air burned her face and throat as Fiona walked down the street, wrapping her coat around herself tighter. She jogged up the stairs to the cafe, snowflakes drifting into her hair.

Fiona isn't what people call a hero. As Fiona she's just the school punk who recently dropped all her friends, announcing that she would no longer associate with Heather wanna-bes.

But, as Kalma, she is what most call an antihero. But all she wants is for the bullies to pay, even if her super methods were a bit unorthodox.

Fiona ruffled her hair as she felt the snow melt on her head. She sighed and walked up the the barista.

"Coffee, extra cream and sugar and a plain glazed donut," she said and pulled out her cash, pushing it on the table and crossed her arms.

The barista nodded and grabbed the cup and a sharpie.

"Name?" He asked.

"Fiona," she responded and looked around the room.

Soft indie music played as the tables shined off the hanging lights and off in the corner was a worn down bookshelf with a sign saying 'fill up a small bag for a dollar!'.

"Here's your donut," He said as he handed her a small bag. She took it.

She watched as he made her coffee and handed it to her.

"Have a nice night," he called out as she left the building, drinking the coffee and turned a corner onto a crummy street where steamed was rising and a street lamp glistened light off the road. A few windows had light shine through, some had happy families, others were dismal.

Fiona walked into her building, grabbing her mail and walked up the stairs to her fathers apartment. She unlocked the door and walked inside. She heard her dog bark and watches as it barreled through, it's tail wagging so fast it was a black blur.

"Hey, Surma," fiona smiles and opened the bag and held up the donut.

"Sit," She said and the dog obeyed.

"Good Boy," she smiled and tossed up the donut, Surma jumped and snatched it from the air in a swift movement as Fiona walked into the living room.

Her father laid passed out, M.A.S.H. playing on the T.V. as she walked over and shut it off. She saw him twitch and turn his head.

Fiona walked into her room, changing from her normal daywear into her vigilante suit, complete with her pulling her hair back and putting on the 'mask', pulling the pony tail through the hole she made on the top.

Fiona climbed out the window, climbing onto the roof and ran from building to building, her heightened abilities allowed her to do this with ease. She looked down in the alley ways and dark sides of her town for crooks and assailants.

That's when she heard the cry for help.

She dropped down into the alleyway m, seeing the man slam the woman up against the wall.

"Fuck off!" The man yelled and Fiona tilted her head, smoke leaving her hands and shot towards the man, after he breathed it in, he collapsed to the floor dead.

"Thank you!" The woman yelled as Fiona jumped onto the roof, running off once again.

That's when she saw men in masks of the avengers raid an atm facility. She heard of this from the news a couple months back as Spider-Man tried to stop them.

"Hopefully they'll see this," she said and walked inside after them.

"Oh god," one said as the smoke left her hands once more, it shot into the lungs of the men and they dropped their weapons, falling to the floor as the life left their bodies.

Fiona walked over and waved to the camera, ripping off the masks and lined up the weapons they held.

She walked out and was about to jump onto another roof when she felt a fist collide with her jaw.

"Bitch!" She yelled and turned to see a man in a Spider-Man plastic mask standing there. Fiona grabbed the next punch, her eyes glaring a bright green.

The man whimpered and she made a smoky blade and shoved it through his gut, he fell to the floor and Fiona looked around, not seeing any other impersonators on the loose.

She jumped onto another roof, sighing as she pulled off her mask and touched her nose, it bled, not from the punch, but from the extraneous use of her powers.

Fiona made her way home, pulling the mask back on, sighing as she looked around, she missed the stars.

She didn't always live in Queens, New York.

Fiona used to live in Wisconsin, in a small town where everyone knew each other, and everything about them.

They all thought that they knew Fiona. But they didn't know that she was a reincarnation of a sort, she was Kalma in a different life, and now, her genetic code has granted her gifts.

Fiona climbed into her window and sighed, pulled off her clothes and went to the bathroom, she inspected the jaw and shrugged.

"Concealer," She said and walked back out, pulling on a an oversized white tee shirt and climbed into bed.

Surma jumped onto the bed with her, curling up at the end after she got comfortable and Fiona fell asleep.

-

short chapter