the one where they find out

two

Fiona hated the soulmate process

Soulmates had heterochromia.

And for the longest time, Fiona had her two blue eyes, which confused everyone, until this last weekend. She slowly developed a chocolate brown eye.

The only way for this to be reversed is for the soulmates to be touching and to meet eyes at the same time. Fiona hates the idea of being tied down to a person.

How would they react to the other half of her life?

Fiona didn't want to focus on that as she walked into the school, not making eye contact with anyone, ashamed of the eye.

"Whoa, Fiona," someone said and she looked up.

"You have a soulmate?" They asked and she nodded.

"Sadly," she sighed in her response.

"Sadly?" They asked and she shrugged.

"I'm too busy for a soulmate, ya'know?" She said and walked off to her locker.

"Peter has a blue eye!" She heard the familiar voice of Ned Leeds called out, followed by a 'shh!'.

Her ears perked and she walked over to them.

"A blue eye?" She asked and Ned turned, Peter coming into view.

She couldn't lie, the boy was attractive.

But she didn't want soulmates.

"F-Fiona?" Peter asked and she raised an eyebrow.

"And I've never met you?" She crossed her arms.

Some people who overheard the conversation turned their heads and watched the scene play before them.

Peter stuck his hand out.

"Peter Parker," he said and Fiona stared him dead in the eye as she took it.

She cried out as she felt like her eye had been poked with a needle. Peter felt the same way.

They both cupped their eye, a tear brimming their eye and she looked to see the boy now had two brown eyes.

"We're- we're soulmates," he stuttered our and she rolled her eyes.