the one with an explanation

twelve

Fiona stared Peter down as he sat on her bed

"So you're trying to tell me a radioactive spider bit you?" She asked and he nodded.

"Okay so now that we're done joking, how did you get your powers?" Fiona asked.

Peter rubbed his face and looked up at her.

"Why don't you believe me?" He asks and Fiona crossed her arms.

"Because you're you, and you're an asshole so I can't tell when you're lying or not," she responded quickly, making Peter roll his eyes.

Fiona twitched a small smile and sat down next to him.

"So you were bit by a spider, and overnight this happened?" She asked.

Peter nodded, rubbing his hand as if he still felt the pain.

"So where are the stretch marks?" She asked and his eyebrows furrowed.

"What?" He asked.

"You heard me, if you were so skinny before then where are your stretch marks?" She asked and Peter took off his shirt, looking around as his arms.

Fiona watched his cloud of smoke crawl down his side as he lifted his arms.

"Checking me out now, huh?" He asked and made Fiona roll her eyes.

"In your dreams, Parker," She stood up, walking over to her door and locked it.

"Put your shirt back on," she said softly and put her ear up to the door.

She could hear the static of the T.V and the snores of her Dad. But she heard footsteps. Fiona stuck her hand out, her staff flying to her hand.

She formed into smoke and reformed into her human shape, right behind the perpetrator and she put him in a chokehold with the staff.

"State your business, and you better answer wisely," she threatened and heard a chuckle.

"You still live here, even after all I paid you?" The familiar voice of Tony Stark asked and Fiona groaned and smack him upside the head.

"You couldn't text me?" She asked as her dads snoring grew louder.

"Well I just wanted to follow up with you, I don't think I did it enough with my teammates and that aided our downfall," he said and Fiona smiled.

"That's cute," She said as Peter stepped out cautiously.

"Parker! Didn't expect you here!" He chirped and Peter shrugged.

"If my dad wakes up, don't get mad at me because you came out here," Fiona whispered.

"Well I see that you're okay and sane so I'll take my leave," Tony said and Fiona nodded.

"Have a nice night, Mr. Stank," she smiled softly and he chuckled, patting her shoulder.

"Goodnight," he replied and walked out, leaving Fiona to Peter.

"So the soulmate thing," she said, taking Peters hand and pulled him to her room.

When they were in, she shut the door and locked it again. Fiona turned to see Peter fidgeting with the bottom of his sweater sleeves.

"The reason why I didn't want to start dating was because I didn't want people to hurt you, because my identity has killed some of my past soulmates, and I didn't want to get you hurt," she said, a hint of an awkward smile on her face.

Peter nodded.

"You didn't think I could protect myself," he said and Fiona nodded.

"Exactly, now I know differently," she said and he nodded.

"Does this mean I can kiss you now?" He asked bluntly and Fiona blinked, shocked.

"What?" She asked and Peter stood up, stepping closer to her, only for her to step back.

"Not yet, I barely know you still," she said and he squinted his eyes.

"You know my biggest secret," he said and Fiona threw her head back.

"And? I don't even know your middle name! Or if you have a job!" Fiona rambled on and on about the things she didn't know about him and he sat and waited for her to finish.

She soon slowed down, causing Peter to chuckle.

"So we hang out more, come over to my house tomorrow and get to know me," he said, a small smile played on his lips.

Fiona nodded and watched as he walked over to the window and climbed out, pulling on his mask and shot a web, swinging away.

Fiona smiled a bit and walked over to her closet, changing into some sleeping clothes and climbed into bed, pulling Surma close and falling asleep.

———

short chapter