the one where she actually likes him

ten

Fiona was in the library for her study hall when it hit her like a ton of bricks

Fiona was in the library for her study hall when it hit her like a ton of bricks. She had analyzed herself and come to the conclusion that she's actually begun to like her soulmate. The one that constantly annoys the shit out of her. Fiona slammed her head on the library table, wrapping her arms around and groaning. It earned a few 'shhs' but she didn't care. Fiona heard someone set their bag down next to her and she looked up.

Speak of the devil, she thought.

Peter glanced at her and went to getting his homework.

"The fact that I'm sitting next to you means nothing to me," he said as he grabbed her pencil. Fiona rolled her eyes and grabbed one of his, starting her homework.

They sat there in silence, both were too stubborn to say anything to each other. But one thing Peter isn't know was that Fiona could feel his presence, and every move he made. It was part of her reflexes. She knew he was staring, and she was going to make his flustered. She whipped her head around.

"Would you like to take a picture, those last a bit longer," she smirked as he looked away.

Fiona went back to finishing the problem, closing the math book when she finished. She pulled out her new book and opened it, reading another chapter. Fiona felt his eyes as he reached over and took his pencil, giving hers back.

Her phone buzzed and she looked up from her book, grabbing her phone.

It was a text from John.

Jonathan
skipping next class, your gonna join?

Fiona
Not this time, gotta test that I studied my ass off for.

Jonathan
Understandable, lets hang after school then, me and a couple other of the guys are gonna go graffiti.

Fiona
Definitely! See you then.

Jonathan
See you then.

Fiona smiled to herself and put her phone away, going back to her book. She knew Peter was watching her interaction with her friend and she could feel a small flame of anger being fed inside of him. The bell rang and she stood up, carefully putting the book away.

She walked out, not even taking a glance at him.

———

Fiona jogged down the steps where John stood with his friends and she smiled.

"So where are we going to do it?" She asked and John looked around took a step closer to her.