the one where shit goes down

twenty four

Fiona and Tony stuck their hands in the controls after they finally wore Doctor Strange down

Fiona and Tony stuck their hands in the controls after they finally wore Doctor Strange down. They directed the ship and as Fiona yelled at Tony to turn, they crashed into a weathered building. Doctor Strange der up a protective barrier as Fiona yanked her hand out of the steering to avoid it taking her arm off.

Fiona felt Peter pull her close and hold her tight, she squeezed her eyes shut and wrap her arms around his torso. They left the wreckage and looked around. Fiona cringed. It was like Ancient Greece, but with more sand. And more visible moons and plants.

Fiona turned around where she was tackled by a man in a mask with glowing red eyes and a red trench coat.

Peter was about to attack him but Fiona lifted her hands in surrender.

"STARLORD WAIT!" She screamed and he jerked back a bit.

"You know my name?" He aske DNA sehe rolled her eyes.

"Of course I know you, I knew Ego in a past life, he killed me as he rambled on about you," she said and he nodded but kept the gun on her.

"Are you with Thanos?" He aske DNA sähe shook his head.

"We were on our way on fighting his wrinkly eggplant looking ass," she said and Peter Quill presses a button and his face appeared.

"Fiona, you know way too many intergalactic people," Tony said and Fiona chuckled.

"I didn't know them, Kalma did," she said.

———

"Okay, I see you plan, and I like your plan but it sucks so let me do the plan so we win," Peter Quill said to Tony who gave an exasperated look. Fiona laughed as she watched the interaction, intertwining her fingers with Peter Parker's.

"Like your dance off plan?" Drax interrupted and Peter Parker's eyes lit up and looked to Peter Quill.

"Like Footloose?" He asked and Peter Quill smiled and nodded excitedly.

"Exactly like Footloose! Is it still a legendary movie on Earth?" He asked and Peter Parker frowned.

"It never was," he said and Fiona and Peter Quill glared at him.

"Sir, does your wizard friend do that a lot?" Mantis asked and they all turned to see Doctor Strange sitting, or floating, with his legs crossed, he was in a meditated pose his head violently shaking in different positions as a green aura surrounded him.

Tony rushed over and kneeled in front of him.

"Strange, come back to earth, man," Tony urged as she placed a hand on him. Doctor Strange sat up right and gasped, his eyes widening as he looked Tony in the eyes.

"I'm here," he finally said and Tony let out a sighed of relief. Fiona had squeezed Peter Parker's hand so tight he winced. Fiona gave him a hushed apology and kissed his cheek.

"What happened, man?" Tony asked and Doctor Strange stood up.

"I just looked into fourteen million different futures where we fight Thanos, all different," he said and Tony gave him a weary eye.

"How many of them do we win?" Tony asked and Doctor Strange gave a pained look.

"One," He solemnly spoke.

"Well I vote we fuck off Peters and Tony's plan and listen to Surgeon Weirdo," Fiona spoke up and Tony and Peter Quill deadpanned a look at her.

"She's right, in order to win this, you need to listen to me," Doctor Strange said and Fiona gave a soft smile. Keeping Peter close to Herz

"Does this Plan keep me with Peter?" She asked and Doctor Strange shook his head.

"You're with Nebula," he said and she looked to the semi robotic girl and frowned, nodded.

Nebula gave a curt nod, cocking her fun and liking back at Doctor Strange as he passed out the plan.

———

Fiona and Nebula stood off behind a fallen ruin, waiting for Thanos to appear.

"Is the arachnid your soulmate?" Nebula asked and Fiona nodded.

"It was a rocky start, but I'd be lost without him," she said as she started at him from her post. He looked over at her.

'I love you' he mouthed to her.

'I love you too,' she responded, sadness in her eyes.

She didn't trust the plan would keep her Peter safe. But Doctor Strange said that if she knew the truth then the futures would change into the one where she's the downfall of the universe. That's when a portal opened up, and the titan Kalma had fought so many years ago had appeared. Fiona took a deep breath and looked at Peter one last time. She could still get lost in the eyes that she once shared. She hoped that this won't be the last she saw them.

Because Fiona Albright was truly in love with Peter Parker.

———

short chapter