the one where they argue, again

six

Fiona walked down the hallway of her school, wearing new bruises from her last nights fighting

Fiona walked down the hallway of her school, wearing new bruises from her last nights fighting. She saw that some people were staring at her but she ignored them, navigating to her locker.

That's when, once again, Peter was there. They made eye contact and their eyes rolled. Fiona opened her locker and grabbed her books, shoving them in her bag, she gently placed the book Mj gave her in the bag, not wanting to tarnish the pristine condition.

Fiona shut her door and turned to see Peter and Ned talking. Ned turned to her and waved her over. Fiona shook her head while pointing at Peter. Ned frowned, tilting his head.
Fiona groaned and walked over.

"Yes?" She asked.

"Anyways, as I was saying-"

"No, if he's waving me over to say something, you're going to wait," Fiona glared Peter down and turned back to Ned.

"Before we were interrupted," she raised her eyebrows in a state of asking him to go on.

"I actually-"

"I don't understand why-"

"Peter if you don't shut the fuck up in the next ten seconds!" Fiona snapped, staring at Peter with a look that could kill, she didn't realize it but her eyes flashed a gray and she blinked, looking over at Ned.

"Can it wait? I have a test to re-take," she gave Ned a pleasing eye and he reluctantly nodded.

"Thank you!" She have Ned a brief hug.

"Good luck!" Fiona heard Ned call out as she ran off to the classroom that held her test.

———

At lunch, Fiona sat down with her usual food and her new book. She didn't even wait to sit down to read it. Fiona's instincts kept her swaying out of people's way and clear from tripping over legs and bags.

She had plopped down on the bench and turned the page, not even looking at her bag to open it. Fiona tucked a bookmark into her book, turning her attention to the orange she bag to peel.

"Can you not afford a lunch here or is it a diet thing?" Mj asked as she sat down and Fiona shrugged.

"Partly diet and yeah, it's too expensive to buy a lunch here five days a week and the food is shitty," Fiona smiled and finally looked up to see that Mj was pulling her book out.

Fiona read and ate her food, turning the page as she took a bite.

"So, I found out that scientists are discovering another soulmate phenomenon," Mj spoke up, catching Fiona's attention.

"What is it?" She asked and Mj frowned and looked to Peter.

"People who find their soulmates this year are going to develop the same tattoo and whenever the body is like a compass, so if peter is on your left, your tattoo will move onto your left, and his will go on his right," she explained and Fiona nodded.

"Is it specific?" Fiona asked, "the tattoo?"

"It's whatever they value most in their life, or a favorite hobby, just something that represents something specific about their personality," Mj said and Fiona nodded.

"I'm going to have to learn about Peter," Fiona groaned and ate another slice.

"What's wrong?" Mj asked and Fiona sighed.

"He's a complete asshole!" She exclaimed.

Mj raised and eyebrows and looked away.

"You don't believe me," Fiona's figure slumped in defeated, sighing, she pushed her hair back.

"He's so nice to everyone," Mj tried to defend him and Fiona shook her head.

"Its like a ploy he uses to get everyone to like him," Fiona muttered as she opened her water and took a large gulp.

"It must be just you, Fi," Mj sighed and Fiona shrugged.

"I don't care, he's an asshole and a snake," Fiona went back to eating and finished the orange.

She read the book all the way through and smiled as she finished it. Fiona shut the book and looked up at Mj.

"Thank you," Fiona said as the bell rang. She slid it across the table and Mj silently took it and they stood up.

Fiona smiled and slung the bag over her shoulder, grabbed her water and rinds and walked off.

On her way out, she heard the familiar voice of Flash Thompson and she rolled her eyes.

"Penis Par-"

The sentence was cut short by the sound of a punch and the kids surrounding them, drowning out the groan of Flash Thompson.

Fiona turned around to see Flash cradling his face and Peters hand balled up into a fist.

"What the fuck?" Flash yelled and looked over at Peter.

"What do you mean, what the hell, you've tortured him for two years now!" Fiona called out.

"I don't want to hear it from you, you hate him!" Flash snapped and Fiona glared him down.

"Yeah, but you bully a lot of other people too, asshole, and I actually like them," Fiona drew closer.

Before she could do anything, Flash jumped Peter, fists were flying and Fiona widened her eyes.

"Stop!" She yelled as they disregarded her voice.

Fiona yanked Peter back by the collar, and instinctively his elbow flew back, hitting her on the side of the cheek.

"What the fuck?" She screamed and Peters has slackened and Fiona cradled her face.

Her leg flew up to the spot between his legs and he hunched forward, his face contorted in pain and she saw Flash laugh.

Fiona smacked him upside the head, hard as she walked off to the bathroom.

"Assholes!" She yelled out and Fiona saw the eyes of the student body as the principle dove through the mass of kids, all with their phones out.

"World star!" Someone yelled as the principal rubbed his face, glaring down at the scene.

"The three of you, my office, now," he said and they recuperated, walking with them.

Fiona looked out at all the people, already feeling the bruise on her cheek forming. The bruise she got from her soulmate.

And now she has to wear a tattoo for him.

"You'll pay for this, Parker," she glared at the boy walking next to her.

"You're too cheap to worry about, Albright," he sneered and Fiona rolled her eyes.

"Shut up!" The principal yelled, making the kids continue to walk.