the one where they go to coney island

fifteen

"Hey, wake up," Peter mumbled into Fiona's ear

It was the first day of summer break.

And it was a long five months the couple spent together.

Fiona was in love with Peter. Even if she hasn't told him yet. She plans on doing it today, having Aunt May record it.

Fiona sat upright and they got off the train, grabbing their draw-string bags beforehand. Fiona took Peters hand as Aunt May silently took a picture of it from behind.

Fiona smiled softly and saw the Cyclone coming up. She turned around and winked at Aunt May, pushing her sunglasses as a makeshift head band.

"Peter let's take a picture infront of the cyclone," she said and he nodded. They took off their bags and Aunt May put them on her back.

She got out her phone and gave Fiona a knowing smile.

They walked over to a less crowded area and Fiona jumped on his back.

Aunt May turned the camera sideways and winked at Fiona when it was ready.

Fiona leaned into Peters ear and smiled brightly.

"I love you," She whispered and the hairs on the back of his neck rose.

He turned his head and looked back at her. She could see his irises enlarge as she stared her down. He smiled so brightly and dropped her legs and turned, grabbing her face and pulled her in for a kiss.

Fiona kisses back, wrapping her arms around his neck.

Peter pulled away.

"I love you too," he replied, making Fiona's heart soar.

"Alright kiddos, now lets get some actual photos," Aunt May called out and Peter frowned in confusion.

"You recorded it?" He asked she nodded.

"Because me being a deity let's me remember seeing your face for eternity but I want you to be able to remember that moment when your old and can't remember shit, just so you have something to always look back on," she said and kissed his cheek, wrapping her arms around Peters waist and looked at the camera, smiling brightly.

Peter smiled back and Fiona could hear the clicks of Aunt Mays camera.

"These are keepers," she said and Fiona chuckled as she pulled out of Peters embrace, holding his hand as they walked over and got their bags from Aunt May.

"I'm going to go do some work at the Internet cafe nearby, both of you have my number, reapply your sunscreen in thirty minutes and call me if there's an emergency Spider-Man can't handle," Aunt May said and walked off, winking at Peter.

Fiona widened her eyes and looked to Peter.

"She knows you're Spider-Man?" She asked and Peter nodded.

"Long story short, Tony took my suit because he thought I was reckless, I defeated the vulture and got him arrested and after that, Tony gave it back, I was wearing it in my room without the mask and she walked in on it," he said as they walked up to the Cyclone.

Fiona nodded as she rested her head on his shoulder.

"Thats wild, I wouldn't have spared him," she shrugged and Peter squeezed her hand.

"I feel like you're too good for me," Fiona admitted out of nowhere, looking up at him as they stood in line.

"What do you mean?" He asked.

"I don't know," she sighed and looked down at their intertwined hands.

"Don't ever let those thoughts get into your head again," Peter said, lifting her chin.

He pecked her lips and hugged her. Fiona hugged back and pushed her face in the soft part of his shoulder.

"You guys are the cutest pair I've seen in awhile," an older woman said from behind them and Fiona looked over and blushed.

"Thank you," she said and the woman smiled.

Next to her was a young boy couldn't be older than 10. He looked excited, happy.

He had a green eye and a brown eye.

"My soulmate died last year," the woman admitted, smiling sadly, "but he just got a green eye yesterday."

Fiona looked down and smiled.

"I feel like a late bloomer," the kid admitted and Fiona shook her head.

"I take the crow for that one, I didn't get his eyes until six months ago," she chuckled and he nodded.

"Does that mean you have the tattoo?" The woman asked and Fiona lifted her sleeve where Peter stood next to her, revealing the spider on her arm.

"A spider?" She asked and Peter nodded.

"Arachnophobia," He said and the woman nodded.

"What's your tattoo for her?" She asked and he lifted his sleeve, seeing a black dog.

"I have a dog," Fiona said, smiling at Surma on Peters bicep.

"Next!" The worker called out and Peter and Fiona walked up. Fiona pushed her sleeve down as they got on the ride, taking their bag off into the cubbyhole.

They sat down in the front, surprisingly, no one else wanted to sit there. They pulled the lever bar down a spur on the seatbelts. Fiona held Peters hand and the ride started.

"I'm regretting this decision," Peter said and Fiona laughed, squeezing his hand and throwing them into the air as they got to the top.

It edged over the drop and Fiona cheered it on, looking over to see Peter smiling at her fondly as they dropped. His hair flew back along with hers and she leaned over, kissing his right as they took photos.

Fiona pulled away and smiled, looking into front of them as the ride went on.

Fiona was finally happy.

———

short chapter