the one where they learn each other

thirteen

When Fiona woke up, she could smell toast and eggs with bacon in the mix

When Fiona woke up, she could smell toast and eggs with bacon in the mix. She smiled and sat up, Surma getting off the bed and watched as Fiona followed suit. Fiona walked out to see Peter and her dad standing in the kitchen and she stopped in her tracks.

"Peter?" She asked and he whipped around, a smile on his face.

"Good morning!" He chirped and her dad turned around, walking over and sat the plates down on the table.

"Honey, you didn't tell me you invited your soulmate over for breakfast," he said as he walked back to the stove and turned it off.

"Sorry, it was kinda last minute," she glared at Peter and he shrugged.

Fiona pulled her hair up and saw as Surma walked over and licked Peters hand.

Peter rubbed Surmas head as they all sat down.

"So what are you kids planning for today?" Her Dad asked as Fiona spread the jam on her toast.

"Well, since Peter and I don't really know each other, we were just going to spend the day together so we can learn each other," Fiona explained and her Dad nodded.

"Sounds fun, well, I remember when I met your mother, she was running down the street with a bunch of books, she was in college at the time," her dad smiled, reminiscing the memory, "I helped her pick up her books, our hands touched and we locked eyes and that's when everything fell into place."

Fiona smiled softly and looked over at Peter.

"What was she in college for?" He asked and her dad looked at him.

"Nursing," He said and Peter nodded.

They had finished their food when Fiona stood up, grabbing her plate and walked over to the sink, washing her plate quickly.

"I'm going to go get ready, after that, we can leave," she said and turned to see Peter nod as he finished his food.

Fiona walked into her room and walked into the bathroom, washing her face and putting on light makeup, walking into her room and changed into some jeans and a tee-shirt from a concert.

Fiona pulled on socks and sneakers and walked out, seeing that Peter was washing his plate.

"Great!" He smiled and Fiona nodded.

She walked over to Surmas bowl and poured some dog food into it for him. Fiona walked over to the front door, seeing that Peter was walking over.

"See you later, Dad!" She called out, opening the door and walked out, Peter following close behind, shutting the door behind him.

Fiona smiled and walked down to the elevator.

"Mind telling me when you're going to drop by?" She asked as she pressed the button.

"I can't surprise you?" He asked and Fiona glared at him.

"I hate surprises," she replied sternly, watching the door open. They walked inside and turned, pressing the ground level and waited for their descent.

"So were you born in New York?" Peter asked and Fiona shook her head.

"No, I was born in Wisconsin and moved when my mom died," she said and Peter furrowed his eyebrows.

"Wow, um-" he started to stutter but Fiona raised her hand with a small smile.

"No need for pity," she said and Peter shook his head.

"No I was going to say I relate to that, both my parents died in a plane crash when I was young, I live with my Aunt May," Peter said and Fiona nodded, putting a hand on his shoulder as the elevator stopped and the doors started to open.

"Two peas in a pod," she smiled and walked out to the front door, opening it and turning to him.

"So how does your dad supper you two?" Peter asked.

"My parents talked about moving to New York but my moms family held us back, then she died, he took her life insurance money and we moved," Fiona explained, smiling softly, "we're actually kind of wealthy but we take the money we need for food and rent out and put the rest in college funds."

"Are you going somewhere for it?" He asked and Fiona shook her head.

"Online, so I can take care of my dad and the city," Fiona said as they turned a corner.

They lived a few blocks away from each other.

Fiona looked up at the building and smiled.

"This is nice," she said and he nodded.

"I guess it is," he said as they walked inside.

"So have you actually, fully walked around New York?" Peter asked as they walked into the elevator, pressing his floor button.

"No, only Queens," she smiled and he gasped.

"You've never been to Coney Island?" He asked and Fiona shook her head.

"Nope!" She quipped and he frowned.

"This is a disgrace I can't believe you haven't been to Coney Island!" He went on and on as they stopped at his floor.

They walked off and went down the hall, turning left and opened the door, letting Fiona look around and admire the way the tile was laid down and how the paint was cleanly spread on.

Peter jingled his keys as he grasped the right one and unlocked the door.

"Welcome so my humble abode, your goddessness," he said as he opened the door, allowing Fiona room to enter.

"Thank you, kind spiderling," she winked and walked in, looking around the apartment, noticing that the place wasn't spotless but more, 'lived in'.

She smiled and turned to watch Peter lock the door behind him and turn to her, his eyebrows lifting as he left out a puff of air.

"Peter is that you?" A woman called out and walked over, adoring an apron with oven mitts and a tray with smoke on top.

"Oh! You brought a girl home," she tilted her head at Fiona.

Fiona smiled and gave a small wave.

"Aunt May, this is Fiona, my soulmate," he introduced.

"Hi there, Mrs. Parker," she said politely to the woman who smiled.

"So lovely to meet you, hold on let me get this sorted out," she said and rushed back into the kitchen.

Seconds later Aunt May came back out, the brightest smile on her face.

"Wanna hear everything about who you're soulmates with?" Aunt May called out.

"Does this involve Peters baby bathtub photos?" Fiona winked at Peter whose eyes widened to the size of saucers.

"What else would I show?"