the one where tony fixes things

nineteen

Fiona walked into school two days after her depression intervention with a clear head

Fiona walked into school two days after her depression intervention with a clear head. She went outside more with Surma, and she had heavy folders in her arms. As she walked by the classrooms that she had to go in, she slid a folder under the door. Each folder was assigned to a different class. And in it, was the work she had missed and had been blowing off. By the end of the day, her grades should go up.

But today was a strange day for her. She felt eyes on her. Yes, there were the amazed stares as she walked in with a clean face and different clothes. But she felt someone's specific stare. She ruled out Peter. Certainly, she would be able to identify the stare of her soulmate.

"I'm glad to see you coming back, Albright," she heard MJ speak up and Fiona turned around to see the familiar girl, a new book in hand and a small smile on her face.

Fiona wrapped her arms around Mj and she chuckled, hugging back. Fiona gave a light squeeze and pulled away.

"I need to get over him, and just wait for the age line," she stated firmly and Mj raised an eyebrow.

"I'd like to see how long that'll last," Mj smirked, making Fiona roll her eyes. Fiona turned and went to opening her locker.

"I'm serious Mj, he hurt me and I honestly don't wanna see him right now anyway, although I wish he wouldn't bail every time we're assigned a project together," Fiona sighed and Mj nodded.

"I believe you, Fi, do what makes you happy, okay?" The girl asked and Fiona looked over and nodded.

"You got Mj, I'll see you at lunch," she smiled softly and they parted their ways.

———

Fiona practically teleported to the Avengers building when she received the emergency signal. It was where she was led into a room, it was pitch black, she could see a faint outline of a figure. That's when the lights came to reveal someone she didn't want to see.

"Anthony motherfucking Stark!" Fiona yelled at the camera she saw.

"You two aren't leaving until this is sorted out," he said into the intercom, "a team can't work with altercations like this."

"That's rich coming from you and what happened in Russia!" Fiona spat out, her anger ripping her mouth filter to shreds.

"I'm going to let that slide only once, simply because you're angry," Tony said calmly, the line dropping.

Fiona took off her mask and sat down on the chair in the corner, pulling out her phone and scrolled through her social media.

"I'll cut off your electronics," Tony said and Fiona flipped the camera off.

That's when her screen went black. Fiona stood up and started at the camera.

"What kind of sadistic game are you playing?" She asked.

"I'm giving you a chance to get your soulmate back, kid, take my advice and use it,"  Tony spoke in her ear piece, something in his voice revealed pain.

Probably from when Pepper left.

Fiona looked over at Peter. She got a good look at him, and the longer she stared, the less she recognized him.

"This isn't my Peter, give him back,l she simply stated and she saw something flicker in his dark eyes. The eyes that used to shine.

"You look better than usual," he said and Fiona nodded, crossing her arms.

"Showering does wonders," she said cooly and sat back into her chair, staring him down.

Along with not recognizing him, she also remembers the night she was in his room, when he broke her heart over something she never thought a problem.

"Do you really hate Kalma that much?" She asked, looking down.

"I stand by what I said that night, Kalma is a murderer," he said and Fiona felt a wave of pain wash over her heart.

"Tony let me out," she muttered and the walls closed in on them by a foot.

"What the fuck?" She yelled and jumped up, looking around, "this isn't fucking Star Wars!"

Peter stood up, a bit alarmed and he looked around.

Peter looked back at Fiona and his heart ached. Being in the room with her made his heartbeat go a mile a minute. Every time he looked in her eyes, he remembered the day they officially met. He remembers the day they found their soulmate. He remembers the day he fell in love with her. He also remembers all the loving glances and the rainy day cuddles and never finishing their homework because all they did was make out.

Peter remembers the way she made him feel when she walked into the room because she still does it ever time he sees her.

Fiona sighed as she sat back down and felt the familiar stare from this morning. Guilt invaded her head.

How could she not remember her soulmates gaze.

Fiona couldn't bring herself to meet Peters eyes.

"If you don't start talking then you two will be sharing the same carbon dioxide," Tony warned.

Fiona looked up at Peter and felt pain.

"There's nothing to say, Tony, Kalmas a part of me that I can't change and he hates her more than he loves me," Fiona muttered.

"I have super hearing, and you're lying," Peter piped up.

"Peter," she looked up, a helpless expression on her face, "every time I see your face I remember that night."

Peters face turned to guilt and he looked down.

"I just wanted you to stop killing," he said and Fiona gave him an incredulous look.

"You broke my heart so I would stop killing?" She grew angry, but something nagged at her.

He cares about her moral compass.

Fiona looked down. It was like divine intervention whacked her over the head with Lucille from The Walking Dead.

Fiona stood up and he did too. She stepped forward and engulfed him in her arms. He smelled disgusting.

"Peter Benjamin Parker, have you heard of soap?" She asked and he laughed.

They really were soulmates.

And it was like magic, her empty heart was full again.

And so was his.