the one with prom

twenty

Fiona thought she would have a normal day of school

Fiona thought she would have a normal day of school. But she was wrong. So wrong. She had walked into school where upon sight, the whole Mathletes team including MJ and Ned, with Johnny and his soulmate, Diana stood. They all held a bouquet of roses.

And at the center, stood Peter with one rose and a sign that had a one worded question.

Prom?

Fiona covered her mouth, people stood and watched, and many had recorded it. She stepped forward to Peter, nodding slowly as she tried wrap her brain around the whole scene. Peter didn't have to do all this. He could've just blatantly asked and she would've said yes.

"She said yes!" Johnny yelled and all the girls gave a collective 'awee '. Jealousy rising in the air from the girls who haven't met their soulmates.

Fiona pulled away and he handed her the rose, as did everyone else. Fiona's face was red and Diana pulled out Fiona's phone from her pocket.

"Don't be camera shy!" Diana smiled and Fiona tucked her head in the crook of Oeters neck, feeling his arm wrap around her waist as he beamed, holding the sign up.

Fiona smiled as the camera flashed.

"Can someone send me that video?" He yelled out and a girl held her hand up, walking over and immediately went to sending it to both numbers.

"Thank you!" Fiona smiled and the girl nodded and walked off, probably deleting the video.

Fiona looked to Peter with a loving gaze. He turned his head and returned with a soft smile. Fiona pecked his lips and she smiled.

———

"Aunt May wants to go shopping with you as an honorary mother for the day," Peter said as they chose a color to match on.

"I'd perish without her," Fiona admitted as Aunt May walked into he room, a huge smile on her face as she saw the two.

"Alright, my gorgeous daughter let's find the perfect dress for you!" She squealed and Fiona chuckled, getting up

"Alright, honorary mother," she joked and May smiled warmly.

They bid their farewells to Peter and left the Parker household.

As they went out, they stood in the elevator, making sure they had the things they needed. Fiona pulled out her money and counted up to nine hundred from her savings.

Lucky for her it didn't even leave a dent in her bank account. Her mother had set aside money for all of Fiona's events that would come up. Fiona smiled softly as she put it back, keeping it close to her. She looked up at Aunt May as the door opened.

"Alright, I'm taking you to Queens Center," Aunt May smiled and Fiona nodded.

———

Fiona walked amongst the racks full of gorgeous dresses, her eyes widened at the sight of her perfect dress. It was a beautiful burgundy dress that had a gold trim around the waist and flowed out. Fiona looked to Aunt May who nodded in approval. She walked off to the dressing room and put it on, walking out to show Aunt May.

"You look amazing!" She gushed and Fiona looked down with a smile.

She looked in the mirror and smiled widely, turning a bit to let the dress flow out a bit. Fiona turned to May and she held up a pair of velvet maroon heels to go with the shoes. Fiona took off her shoes and put on the slip on socks. She tried the shoes and looked back in the mirror, she would be as tall as Peter, or close to it if he grew in the meantime.

Fiona smiled softly at the thought of her and Peter slow dancing to a song at prom. Fiona swayed and bit and Aunt Mays smile grew larger.

"This is the one," Fiona said as she looked in the mirror, turning back to Aunt May who nodded.

Fiona changed, paid, and made an appointment with a makeup specialist in the mall to get her makeup done.

That's when the edict feeling pitted in Fiona's stomach. Something big, bad and dangerous was happening. And the first mistake made by Fiona, was ignoring it.

———

It was the night, Fiona went home and went straight to the bathroom, not disturbing her makeup. Fiona did her hair in an assortment of pinned up curls and tiny braids. He heart was racing. Peter would be over soon. She sprayed an exorbitant amount of hairspray and ran to her dress and quickly put it on. Fiona slipped on her tights and then her shoes, looking in the mirror.

Her spider was moving, it crawled onto her right arm and that's when she heard the knock. Fiona took a deep breath, held it for 3 Seconds and let it go.

Fiona waited for her Dad to let Peter in. That's when she walked out. And Peter stopped cold in his actions. He stared at Fiona as if Tony Stark had finally made him an Avenger. Fiona blushed as she noticed and her dad smiled, pulling up her moms old camera. Fiona smiled and Peter pulled out a corsage. Fiona smiled at the blood red rose that was in the case with white cloves accentuating it.

Fiona smiled softly as her dad took pictures of him putting the corsage on her wrist. She kissed his cheek, smiling at the sight of a clean cheek. Proving it's quality. Her dad took a couple more photos of them and Fiona felt Peter wrap an arm around her waist and she felt a slight pressure on her head. Fiona closed her eyes with a small smile, serenity over washing her. Her dad took the photo and he felt awkward.

"Alright, take care of her," he said and Fiona's smiled grew.

Peter squeezed her waist softly and he nodded. Fiona looked up at his and saw a slightly intimidated face. Fiona giggled and grabbed his hand, giving him a squeeze of insurance. Fiona looked to her father who handed her, her clutch.

As they walked through the street Peter would lift Fiona over the dirty puddles, making her blush every time. Fiona hadn't met a gentleman like him ever.

They took the train like real New Yorkers and Peter helped keep her dress of the ground so it would get ruined by unusual puddles.

People took photos and Fiona blushed with a small smile. She looked to Peter as the bus stopped by their school and they got off. they crossed the field and the street, going around to the gym where Peter handed the ticket stubs to the Nation Honor Society members.

"Have a great time!" They chirped and Fiona smiled as they walked off.

"Fiona! Peter!" Ned called out and the couple turned around, Ned's eyes were the same color and Fiona widened her eyes and smiled.

"Your eyes are the same color!" She smiled and Mj came up next to him, intertwining their arms.

"We finally met," she said and Fiona's smile grew.

"That's amazing!" She exclaimed.

They continued to talk up until slow music played. Fiona smiled at Peter and they walked off onto the floor. Her arms instinctively went up to wrap around his neck and his went around her torso, she smiled and leaned her head on his shoulder.

"I never want to lose you," he whispered in her ear.

Flightless Bird, American Mouth continued to play as they swayed.

"Good thing we're soulmates, Parker"