the one with old memories

fourteen

Fiona giggled with Aunt May as they huddled on the couch, turning pages and gave comments as Aunt May gave the backstory of the photos and Peter

Peter was on Bens old recliner as she crossed his arms, glaring at the two, he couldn't help but have a sense of admiration for the two girls, especially Fiona, the way her hair hung and how the joy and humor met her eyes as she giggled.

"Okay okay, she's only been here one day," Peter stood up and went to grab the book.

May closed it and looked up, squinting at Peter.

"I'll go clean up the mess I made in the kitchen, if you're going to take her to your room leave the door cracked, open enough to where you don't get any ideas," May stood up, putting the book back on the shelf and walked off, smiling to Fiona on her way.

Fiona stood up and followed Peter to his room, where she was met with the nerdiest thing she's seen since Peters locker. She looked around the shelves, seeing Star Wars figurines and science fair awards. Fiona saw a photo amongst them all.

The photo was old, she could recognize the young version of him with Parents who he looks similar to. They were all smiling informs of a big rollercoaster.

"That was a long time ago, when we went to Coney Island," he said softly, walking up next to her and smiled weakly.

Fiona looked over at him and smiled softly.

"Let's go, this weekend," she said, and he looked over at her, his eyes wider then the moon.

"What?" He asked and she rolled her eyes.

"You heard me," Fiona laughed, looking back at the photo.

"Let's go to Coney Island together, I'm sure theres a train system that can take us there," she said and Peter nodded.

"Um, I'll have to see how much that will cost and if Aunt May wants to come-"

"Do what you need to, okay?" Fiona interrupted, an understanding smile on her face.

Peter nodded and smiled, turning around to do something. Fiona lost interest and continued to look around and locked eyes on his trophy shelf. She looked through the science certificates and placks.

That's when she saw the first place science fair award.

Fiona smiled as she gently picked it up, a small layer of dust was visible and she turned and saw a square outline of dust on the shelf where the trophy once stood.

Fiona let out a small chuckled and set the trophy back down. She looked at the wall next to the shelf and saw posters of 1980s movies like 'Star Wars' and 'Tremors'.

She remembers going to theater as a date with Johnny, her soulmate for that lifetime. After they saw Star Wars, he called her his Leia and that he was her Han Solo.

Fiona smiled softly sadly, remembering that the 1980's was her brightest lifetime. Up until she was the reason that Johnny died.

She remembers it like it was yesterday.

"Come on, June!" Johnny said, pulling the girl to get her to go faster.

June groaned and looked at him with a pleading face.

"Johnny! My feet hurt!" She complained, dragged them to show the emphasis on the pain, scuffing her converse.

"It's one more block-"

Johnny was interrupted by a greasy man, taller than June, but the same height as Johnny.

The man snatched Johnny, putting a gun to the back of his head. In the bright streetlight, you could tell the man was addicted to meth. June could smell the odor on him.

"Give me all your money and I'll let him go," he said, June was tempted to use her powers. But she was stood, shocked.

June's heart dropped, her blood pressure going up.

"We don't have any money!" June lied, her voice wavering in panic.

"Fine," the man said, pulling the trigger and taking off.

Leaving Johnny to crumble to the concrete covered in gum.

June cried out, falling to her knees and crawled over to Johnny and held him close.

"Somebody call for help!" She screamed, people staring in shock.

June held what was left of Johnny's face in her hands.

"You'll be okay, you'll be fine, it's okay, it's fine," June repeated, rocking back and forth.

"I'm sorry I'm so-"

"Hey, why are you crying, do you hate Star Wars?" Peter asked, interrupting Fiona's flashback.

Fiona looked at the mirror in his room and saw the tears on her cheeks.

"No uh, painful memories from my past life," Fiona admitted, wiping her under eyes and her cheeks.

"Past life?" Peter asked and Fiona nodded, walking over to his bunk bed and pushed his legos aside, sitting down.

Fiona explained her deity side in her and how her reincarnations work. She talked to him about Johnny and Star Wars.

Instead of Peter getting jealous, he was understanding, and after, he walked over, held out his hand and pulled her up the second she took it.

Peter pulled his soulmate into his embrace, squeezing her tight and rubbed circles into her back. Fiona slowly wrapped her arms around his torso and let the tears fall, the fibers of his shirt absorbing the pain she endured in her heart.

"I'm sorry I was so rude to you, I know you just wanted to protect me," Peter admitted, stroking her hair.

Fiona nodded and squeezed him a bit tired.

"I just don't want more innocent blood on my hands," she sighed and Peter shook his head.

"It wasn't your fault, it was that meth-head that killed him, you're young now and you just as young back then, things were different and so were you, anyone with your gifts would have been the same way, I don't think Johnny would want you to feel guilty," Peter spoke, his voice soft and soothing as he mumbled into her hair.

There was a crack of lightning outside, and the downpour of rain washed down Peters window.

It was still pretty light outside, but Fiona stepped back and walked over to the bed, crawling over to the corner that was closest to the window.

"I haven't gotten to know you enough to say I love you, but I do know enough to say i care about you, and that I'll do anything for you," Fiona said and turned to see Peter staring at her with a daydreaming expression.

Fiona blushed a bit and a smile and looked away, ashamed of the feeling he make her have.

That's when she heard the freak in his bed and she looked over to see him sitting right next to her. Fiona leaned over and rested her head on his shoulder. They stared out off he window and watched the water drops slide down the window.

And in all the silence in the messy room, filled with memories of a life Fiona wished she was apart of she felt Peters aura mood into hers.

"I care about you too"