the one where she gets an update

four

When the suit landed, it sent Fiona stumbling out

"Wow, such hospitality," she remarked as she smoothed her shirt out.

"Just get inside," he said and Fiona nodded.

She walked into the building where men in suits stared her down and Tony walked over.

"Miss Albright, what an ironic name," he said as she put an around her shoulder and walked her off.

"What did you want to discuss?" She asked, "I have to get home before daylight."

Tony nodded.

"Then I'll asked questions later, I need your help with something, if you say yes, I'll get you prepped and trained for it, if not then I'll send you home right now," he said and Fiona took off the mask, letting her hair down.

"You need my help?" She asked.

"Don't rub it in," he said, looking away.

"As fun as it sounds, no thanks," Fiona stated, making Tony stop in his tracks.

"What?" He asked and Fiona shrugged.

"I ride solo, and that includes no favors, and it's all just a huge mess everyone being nice," Fiona pointed out and Tony pinched the bridge of his nose.

"I'll pay you," He said and Fiona raised an eyebrow.

"How much?" She asked and Tony looked to her.

"A hundred thousand," he said and Fiona nodded.

"Deal," She said and Tony smiled.

"I'm glad we can agree to it," he said.

"Same," Fiona chirped and smiled.

The two continued to walk into Tony workshop, where Fiona looked around, concealing the awe she felt inside.

"FRIDAY please give Ms. Albright here a body scan," he said and Fiona darted her eyes over at Tony.

"I'm sorry, what?" She asked and Tony smirked.

"Yep!" He said and Fiona shook her head.

"No, no sca-"

"Scan complete"

"Oh fuck me," Fiona groaned.

"Language," Tony scolded then cringed, "I'm turning into the old man."

"You're dad?" Fiona asked and Tony shook his head.

"No, Steve," he said as he went to work, Fiona walked over and sat in a chair next to him.

Tony looked her up and down and started looking through fabric modifications.

"Is the Avengers ever gonna be," Fiona tried to find a word but nothing came up.

"Kid, if I knew I would tell you, but I don't know, there was some personal complications that went on, family matters," Tony rambled and Fiona gasped.

"The Winter Soldier didn't blow up the meeting, I mean, why would he even?" Fiona frowned and Tony looked at her and tilted his head.

"How would you jump that far, anyways?" He asked and Fiona looked up at him.

"Well, I went through almost all of HYDRAs files when Natasha Romanoff exposed them," Fiona explained, "And one of them showed Sergeant Barnes, so that's a given, why would HYDRA, more so, Winter Soldier, blow up something that will hinder their enemies from going places and stop them?"

Tony nodded and stared at his desk and rubbed his face.

"God, so many mistakes were made," Tony mumbled and started up a design for the suit.

"The fabric has vibraniam laced into it so it'll keep bullets off of you and it'll help you adapt your form when you get all, smokey," Tony explained as he saw Fiona's face.

"Cool," she said with a small smile.

"So, tell me kid, why are you named after a goddess of stench?" He asked and Fiona glared at him.

"I'm not named after her, I am her, just in a different form," Fiona deadpanned and Tony nodded, crossing his arms.

"Ah huh, and where's Surma?" He asked, waving a pen around.

"Domesticated, he died because of me in a past life and I never forgave myself, he has the same attributes of Surma from a decade ago, but he won't be in battle for centuries," Fiona said in a dismal tone.

"That's a shame," he said and Fiona raised an eyebrow.

"How so?" She asked.

"I could've made a cool dog suit," he said and Fiona nodded.

"He would hate me if I put him in a dog suit," she chuckled.

"So how does this goddess thing work, do you age slower or something?" He asked and Fiona laughed.

"No, its a sort of reincarnation thing, I take hold of a life that before, wouldn't make a huge difference in the world, and I put myself in their soul, they realize themselves at the age of twelve when I am powerful enough, same with Surma," Fiona explained.

"So You're like, possessing this kids body?" He asked, raising an eyebrow.

"No, I'm more like a hard drive, in mechanic talk, the body is the computer and I simply input knowledge, power and self awareness, and I don't do it with just anyone, only those with a good heart and soul," Fiona said and Tony nodded.

"Alright, for a second I thought I'd have to perform an exorcism," Tony smiled and Fiona chuckled.

"You don't have enough strength to exorcise a goddess, Stark," she said.

"Ouch," He said with a handover his heart.

"So does that mean you have soulmates in all your lives?" He asked and Fiona nodded.

"I hate the process, I'm soulmates with this kid at school, everyone replaces his name with Penis, I don't think he really cares enough to stand up for himself," she frowns and Tony chuckled.

Something changed in his eyes, but Fiona was too tired to care.

"I want to go home, Surma will become the fabled beast if I don't make it back, and I can't have that again," Fiona stood up.

"I can call you a ride," he said and she shook her head.

"I can fly for small periods of time, it's faster than New York traffic," she responded, "thanks for the offer, send the money addressed to my dad and makeup some charity case, a lot of it is going to go towards college anyways and he deserves it."

Tony nodded as Fiona pulled on the mask and adjusted her ponytail, sighing and cracking her neck and knuckles as she walked outside.

She concentrated on her atoms pulling apart and changing shape and flew up, riding the wind currents back into the direction of her home.