Cellar

Author's Note: Hey! What are you thinking of this so far?
Do you like it?
Is it rubbish?
Let me know!

Also, what do you think might/ is going to happen? I'd love to hear your ideas/predictions!

3rd Person POV

"I can come, Ally! I'm fine!" Lauren whined for the fifth time, but she didn't know how useless her lies were because she couldn't see just how black her eyes had become, just how much she was trembling with a vampire's equivalent to adrenaline.

"No. You're not. Are you going to go down to the cellar or is someone going to have to take you down there?" The shorter of the two asked in a motherly tone and Lauren's top lip twitched menacingly before being replaced with an overly pronounced pout.

"Please, Ally. I'm so hungry." She was practically begging now as she brought slightly shaking hands together in front of her, "I pray thee, Allysus, let me eat."

Ally couldn't help but chuckle, which made Lauren's brows knit together.

"Okay, first of all," She began looking over the black haired girl's shoulder to her Dinah's attention. As soon as she did, Dinah seemed to know what she meant and quietly came to stand behind Lauren, "I may have been exalted back in the day but they did not call me 'Allysus'. Second of all, Dinah is going to lock you in the cellar now but I'll be back with some food for you soon." With a nos from Ally, Dinah moved to wrap her arms around Lauren's biceps and started to pull the girl towards the basement door.

"NO!" Lauren roared, thrashing around and managing to send a few powerful blows at Dinah who remained unphased, "NO! YOU CAN'T DO THIS! YOU KNOW WHAT? NORMANI'S RIGHT! WE'RE NOT HUMANS! WHY SHOULD WE FUCKING TRY TO BE? LET ME GOO!"

Pretty soon Dinah was only a few steps away from the cellar door. Ally and Normani, whose attention had been gained by the black haired girl screaming her name, watched on with a sadness in their eyes as Lauren thrashed about, her protests now turning to animalistic roars until a whimper fell from her lips as the door was opened.

"I'm sorry, Lo." Dinah muttered as she bolted the heavy door behind the girl, trying her best to ignore the wails and sobs coming from the other side. She knew what that felt like, she'd been there before, but she didn't remember it being that bad. She'd recovered much faster too.

She took a deep breath and pushed it out loudly as she turned to the others, their eyes still trained on the door that was now rattling in its frame. They all flinch when it jumped and a loud thud as though a heavy weight had hit it from the other side before the noises subdued, leaving way for gentle sobs to make their way through the silence. They all seemed to know that that 'heavy weight' was Lauren herself. With a collective sigh, they finally turned to one another.

"I'll get ready to head out." Ally spoke first, quietly. Normani nodded slowly, still a little shaken up by what she'd just seen.

"I will too." She suggested, but Dinah stopped her in her tracks as she tried to head past her.

"Uh-uh, no way hoe." She shook her head, "I ain't being on Make-sure-the-manic-bitch-doesn't-escape-and-kill-everyone Duty tonight. I already did that."

Normani groaned but inwardly laughed at the youngest's use of slang and nodded slightly, patting Dinah on her shoulder a few times.

"Okay, go get ready. And no seducing men this time, okay?" Normani bargained and Dinah grinned broadly.

"Thanks, Mani." She exclaimed before running to her room, only to then come back two seconds later, "And good luck!" She yelled from the hall, making Normani chuckle outwardly this time.

...

Two fingers flicked forwards, then one in a circular motion; Dinah knew exactly what that meant. She and Ally were a fantastic hunting pair.

Slowly, quietly, she made her way diagonally away from Ally and in the direction the girl had gestured, watching as the girl mirrored her actions across the clearing.

When Dinah caught wind of the hare sitting in the center of the clearing, hidden by a particularly long patch of grass, she smirked devilishly.

She signalled to Ally who nodded in confirmation, and just as they were about to strike, down swooped a rather large owl and up went the hare with the bird.

"Damnit!" Dinah hissed, and heard Ally do something similar across the clearing before they both began to chuckle. Not for long though because pretty soon a twig snapped from somewhere around them and their attention was brought back to the task at hand.

...

"You know, why don't we just buy food? Like, we could just go to the butcher's stall down at the market and get a rabbit from there and drain that instead." Lauren mumbled in her tired-like state. Of course, she wasn't actually tired, but it was as close to the feeling as she could get.

She'd finally calmed down from her episode earlier and it had left her drained but still hungry.

"Because hunting is fun and gives us something to do instead of just attend school and stay around here and hope to not get into another war with the wolves." Mani explained from where she now sat in the cellar with Lauren. She'd noticed the girl had calmed down when the sobbing and occasional outbursts of hitting the door and wailing or screaming stopped, being replaced by about a thousand apologies and not the fake ones she'd tried earlier. After triple checking that it was safe, she'd opened the cellar door only to find the raven haired girl slumped in the corner, fiddling with the empty blood bag and trying to squeeze a few drops from it here and there.

Lauren shrugged and gave up on the bag, tossing it across the room with a sigh, "But it'd safe a hell of a lot of time."

"That's true." Mani nodded with a thoughtful pout, and then let out a quiet sigh as she pushed herself up to her feet, moving to retrieve the bag that Lauren had thrown before looking it over. She rolled her eyes when she saw the puncture marks in its side.

"Are you done with this?" She asked the paler girl who looked up and nodded slowly. Then she headed back out of the cellar and left the door open behind her. She didn't bother to close the door because the girl inside had not only calmed down but also seemed far too exhausted to want to escape.

Then, though, when she returned to an empty cellar, she allowed a broad selection of profanities to spill from her mouth.