Monster

An: Agh!! Thank you for 1K reads already!!

Nothing came to mind. I had no idea what was the protocol for this type of situation. Was there even one?

I couldn't exactly Google 'a very hot vampire girl wanted to kill me and now she doesn't because of a werewolf pack or something but she keeps calling herself a monster and it's kinda scary what do I do' now, could I?

Hey, that reminded me: I hadn't found out what actually happened and how she got 'healed'...

Lauren's POV

"You said it yourself, Mani. We're not humans. She sees me as something different now and I-" I was interrupted by my own sobs. Yes, us vampires could still cry; Well, at least I could. I thought it had something to do with my 'gift' to be able to control minds, and particularly emotions. I thought maybe I absorbed those emotions and could then feel them because I'd never seen any other vampire cry. Even when the girls found their families graves, they didn't cry, while I sobbed like a crazy person.

"I know, it's okay." Normani comforted me as she stroked my back.

"It's not okay, it's not because I think... I think I'm f-falling in love with the way sh-sh-she sees me and I shouldn't be able to do that but I c-can and it's... it's so not fair!" I cried and leaned into her, "My heart doesn't even b-beat anymore but it hurts every time I think of causing her p-pain, and that's all that's on my mind. I can l-live without human blood right now, but I d-don't know how long it is until I can no longer resist the urge to sink my t-teeth into her damn neck."

Normani stayed silent beside me, which I was grateful for. I guessed I just needed to get all of this off of my chest.

"I... every time I see her it's like s-someone waving a bag of c-cocaine in front of a recov-covered crack addict, Mani."

"You're not-" Mani tried, but I stopped her.

"I attended the f-funeral of every single person who was at mine. That's not norm-mal. That's wrong. I shouldn't e-exist anymore. I wish- I should have fucking b-bled out on that basement floor and never seen the light of day ag-gain."

"Listen to me, Lauren." Mani attempted again, and this time I did as she said, looking up into her dark eyes, "I only said those things to protect you from what I thought was a mistake, but now I see that not only was that wrong, it's also too late for that. You're not a monster, Laur-"

"YES I FUCKING AM!" I roared, and the broke down in her arms, gripping her top and leaving a wet stain on her shoulder.

Y/n's POV

"YES I FUCKING AM!" We heard from downstairs, and I jumped to my feet. Ally and Dinah looked over at me with nothing but concern in their eyes and I quickly grabbed my backpack, swinging it onto my shoulders.

"Where are you going?" Ally asked, coming to stand in front of me.

"Home. My parents said I have to be back by 9 so I'd better get going."

"You've got half an hour." Dinah pointed out, "And it takes no time for us to take you back."

Ally, though, seemed to understand the real reason I was leaving. I was frightened.

"I'll take you." She smiled, and then clarified, "In the car."

With a small nod, I followed her to the cars parked outside and more specifically to the white sports car that I didn't recognise the brand of.

We drove in silence, the only sounds that of the puddles we drove through and the engine which, by the way, sounded incredible. I was thankful that she let me just sit there, looking out of the window at the rather drab environment. A thought came into my mind, making me chuckle. I thought I knew why they'd chosen to live here, the vampires I meant: it's never sunny here. I didn't know if it was true that they burn in the sun, or maybe 'twinkle' like in Twilight, but it was never sunny. That couldn't be a coincidence, could it?

I opened my mouth to ask about that but then we pulled up in outside my house, so instead of a question, "Thanks for the ride." came tumbling from my lips.

"I know you're scared, Y/n, but... I'll see you soon?" She asked before I closed the door, and I thought for a moment before nodding.

"Soon." I grinned and closed the door, tugging my jacket closer around me as a particularly cold gust of wind whipped past me.

When I reached the front door it was locked, so I rang the doorbell a few times and smiled when my mother answered.

"Hey!" I beamed, running up and giving her a hug. She'd gone away for a week or so for work and I didn't know she came back tonight or else I would've been home much earlier. I'm glad she's not asleep yet, though.

"Heya Y/n." She chuckled, hugging me back, "Is that your friend?" She gestured towards Ally who I saw was still there, and nodded, waving to her. She waved back and peeled away, and I grinned because I knew she'd stayed a little longer to make sure I was safe.

"Well come on inside, it's cold out tonight. There's supposed to be a storm later." My Mom informed me and I nodded before stepping through the door and closing it behind me, relishing in the warmth of the lit fireplace.