Divide

"Um... Camila, meet my parents. Mom, Dad, this is, well, Camila." I introduced them a little awkwardly, rubbing the back of my neck as Camila shook both of their hands strongly, so strongly that they both discussed it afterwards, quietly but it was obvious with the way they wrung their hands.

"Well, let your friend in!" Mom instructed and stepped out of the way of the door, and I headed back inside, followed by Camila.

"Is there somewhere more... private where we can talk?" She questioned as she looked around the living room, "It's kind of urgent."

"Erm, sure. We can go upstairs." I offered and followed her up.

"What is all of this about?" I inquired once we were in my room, watching as she looked around before closing the door behind us.

"Are you okay? Really?"

I nodded and replied with, "Camila, I'm fine!" but she didn't seem to believe it. Instead, she answered my previous question.

"There's a divide, in the pack. A split between those who want... Lauren killed and the other vampires exiled, and those who want the truce to be maintained. The rebels- the, um, the ones who don't agree with how things are right now, they have their own equivalent of an alpha. She had the marvellous idea of drugging you. It was the tea. I know you drank it and were affected by it because I can smell it on you, so quit lying to me." She said sternly and then, once again, asked, "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I am now." I frowned, "But what do you mean, they want Lauren killed?"

"I mean exactly that." She said nonchalantly like it meant nothing to her.

To me, though, it was enough for my eyes to fly open and dart around as I stumbled over my words, trying to say "They can't do that!" But ending up with garbled nonsense.

"What?" Her brows furrowed and I took a deep breath.

"Camila, you-you can't le-let them do that!" I said slightly more understandably.

"I don't have much of a say." She sighed and sat down on my bed as I realised I was pacing the room, but I didn't stop, "I'm only just an omega, and I can't fight an entire half of the pack by myself. Alpha doesn't care much for her life-"

"No! You can't- They can't do that!" I snapped and she bowed her head a little, so I took another shaky breath, "Please, they can't kill her... why do they even want you?"

"They think you're still under our protection. You've become more of a symbol in their eyes, of a broken treaty and a disregarded level of respect that we had held for one another, or at least pretended to."

"Killing Lauren doesn't protect me!" I argued but she just nodded her head.

"I know, Y/n. I- I used to be friends with the girls too but once my father found out he stopped me from ever seeing them again, except for at school, in fear of the Alpha calling us all traitors. I don't want Lauren dead, either. I don't want any of them gone, but I can't do much about it."

"Sure you can." I interrupted her yet again, and I could've sworn I just felt a breeze behind me even though the window is closed, but I shrugged it off, "Some stupid hierarchy isn't worth abiding by if it means losing Lauren. Camila, nothing is worth losing Lauren. Hell, I'm not even worth-"

"Stop." A voice said behind me and I almost leapt out of my skin. When I turned around, though, I saw that it was her standing there and relaxed a little.

"How did you-?" I began to ask but this time I was stopped.

"Hello, Lauren." The girl sat on my bed said in a monotone voice and received nothing but a scoff in reply.

"What are you doing here? And how did you get in?" I questioned, my eyes darting from Lauren's to Camila confusedly.

"The window." She pointed out, "Plus a little super speed. And I'm here because she is. I came for answers but it looks like I just got more questions."

She crossed her arms and turned entirely to Camila who was now focusing her eyes on picking at a loose thread on her top. Her green eyes were more piercing than ever and she jutted her chin out as she regarded the girl. My jaw dropped and I froze because damn, something about that was very attractive.

"Why do they want to kill me?"

"You broke the truce."

"So why did they drug Y/n?"

There was a pause before a reply, "In hopes that she would not dare or care to see you or the girls again. That she might turn to their side and aid in the fight against you."

Camila seemed awfully willing to give up information, but when I saw the concentration in Lauren's eyes, I thought I knew why. I didn't know she could control 'wolves too.

"It didn't work, did it?" Lauren grinned with a mocking tone and Camila looked up at her with narrow eyes.

"There's no need to get snappy with me because I'm not the one who did it!" The tanned girl retorted and Lauren rolled her eyes.

"Whatever, Cabello. Just leave my girl alone, yeah?"

Her girl?

Camila scoffed and moved to the window, opened it, and said a simple 'See you tomorrow, Y/n.' before leaping out and landing on the floor with a thud.

"Oh, you know Mom, my friends just prefer to use second story windows as opposed to actual doors. It's perfectly normal." I said sarcastically and Lauren chuckled, and I remembered something else, "Your girl, huh?"

She looked down at the floor and stopped laughing immediately and, if I really tried, I could almost imagine the crimson that would be coating her cheeks.

She was quick to clear her throat and collect herself though, simply stating, "Now's not the time, there are people literally trying to kill me... again." before heading to my bedroom door with an overdramatic twisting of the knob and opening of it. I knew she was doing it to spite my earlier comment, but I held back my small laugh, still confused by what she'd meant earlier.

Her girl.

I probably shouldn't have been getting so caught up on it, but it brought a smile to my face and that was all I needed to know for sure that I liked the concept very much.