Angelic

(Suggested by: @banana-boi ) Thanks for the ideas!

Y/n's POV

When I woke up, it was with something soft beneath me, a lot softer than the floor of the basement should have been. For a moment I wondered if Lauren got a blanket for me while I was asleep, but it was warm in the room too and there was a gentle light against my eyelids.

With a silent yawn, I stretched out before sitting up and opening my eyes.

"What the-?" I questioned as I realised where I was.

Lauren must have carried me up to her room at some point because I was sleeping on her bed. She also must have dressed me because I was wearing a hoodie and a pair of shorts that definitely weren't mine. I smiled as I deduced they were hers, but felt butterflies at the reason I was wearing them, at what we'd done together down in the basement. I'd have definitely been blushing if I could have been.

Still, with a smile on my face, I clambered out of the bed and made a move to leave the bedroom, but not before I noticed a small piece of paper taped to the door.

'My love,
   Meet me outside, I have something to share with you.
- Lauren.'

My smile and would-be-blush only grew as I took the note into my hand and carefully opened the door, slipping quickly down the stairs. I had no idea what it was she was going to do, and I sure hoped this wasn't some sort of prank. I wouldn't put it past the girls, especially Dinah.

"Ah good, Y/n's awake." Normani pointed out as I made my way into the main area of the house.

"Good morning." I grinned back, "Where's Lauren?"

"In her garden." Ally replied, "Has been for the past fifteen minutes or so."

"Okay, thanks, Ally." She nodded as I left through the back door and dash towards her garden.

As I entered, my breath hitched. I don't think I'll ever be able to get over seeing her. Grinning happily, I sneaked up behind her and wrapped my arms around her middle, making her jump slightly.

"Sorry," I giggled, resting my head on her shoulder and kissing her neck softly, "I didn't mean to scare you."

"That's okay, baby." She smiled too, turning to kiss me properly but for a way shorter time than I'd have liked.

"Go sit down, my love." She told me, pointing to a stone bench nearby. I pecked her on the lips once more before doing as I was told.

As I sat, I watched her as she put a record on a player I hadn't noticed before, and took a deep breath as she spun around to face me once more.

A song I vaguely recognised played as her eyes twinkled at me while she winked. How on earth did I get so lucky?

As the words came into the song, she began to sing, taking my breath away. Actually, it's a good thing I didn't really need to breathe at all because it didn't come back until she was done.

"You're just too good to be true
I can't take my eyes off you
You'd be like heaven to touch
I wanna hold you so much
At long last love has arrived
And I thank God I'm alive
You're just too good to be true
Can't take my eyes off you."

As she sang, she closed her eyes softly, using her hands to gesticulate softly.

"Pardon the way that I stare
There's nothing else to compare
The sight of you leaves me weak
There are no words left to speak
But if you feel like I feel
Please let me know that it's real
You're just too good to be true
I can't take my eyes off you."

Then, she snaked her hips as she made her way towards me, her tongue sticking out between her teeth as she smiled.

"Wha-?" I let out but stopped myself with a chuckle as she held my hands and pulled me up to standing, dancing around a little clumsily with me.

"I love you baby
And if it's quite all right
I need you baby
To warm the lonely nights
I love you baby
Trust in me when I say." She belted out, making me laugh as I felt entirely at peace with her, "Oh pretty baby
Don't bring me down I pray
Oh pretty baby
Now that I've found you stay
And let me love you, baby
Let me love you."

Suddenly, I remembered where I'd heard this song before. It was my grandmother's favourite, and I recalled the words to the next verse being the same as the first so I sang along with her, even though she's a far better singer than I am.

"You're just too good to be true
I can't take my eyes off you
You'd be like heaven to touch," I brought my hand up to the side of her face, running my thumb along her cheekbone, "I wanna hold you so much
At long last love has arrived
And I thank God I'm alive
You're just too good to be true
Can't take my eyes off you."

This time, she spun me around and dipped me, kissing me through both of our laughter. When the next part came, we stood upright once more and she left me to sing it myself, her taking the last chorus. She watched as I sang with a perfect smile on her lips, and a perfect glow on her skin, and a perfect twinkle in her eyes, and a perfect everything.

"I love you baby
And if it's quite all right
I need you baby
To warm the lonely nights
I love you baby
Trust in me when I say."

"Oh pretty baby
Don't bring me down I pray
Oh pretty baby
Now that I've found you stay
Oh pretty baby
Trust in me when I say."

"I love you." She whispered once she was done, kissing me more passionately this time.

We pulled away laughing once more, apparently overcome with the need to do so, and I rested my hands on her collarbones and my head on her chest.

"I love you too." I replied, "And I really mean that."

Gently, she lifted my chin with her finger and rested her forehead on mine, closing her eyes and taking a deep breath.

"I'm so sorry for everything that's happened to you." She apologised sadly, making me slide my hands up to cup her face.

"No, Lauren." I denied, "I wouldn't change it for the world. I want to spend the rest of my life with you, and now it just means that'll be a little longer than I'd expected. Now, where do you see a problem with that?"

Thankfully, she smiled once more at that and her hands rested on my lower back as we swayed to the quiet sounds of the world and the crackling of the record player beside us.

-
I'm back, bitchessss
Just kidding I love you all.

What do you think of this chapter!? Is it the calm before the storm, or will everything settle down now? And what do you think was the motive for the wolves wanting Y/n to be a vampire? What are they planning? 👀

I'm so sorry for the long break but I hope you enjoyed this chapter. I loved the idea and kind of just ran with it haha.

More updates will definitely be coming soon!