Found

Lauren's POV

"Wait, Lauren!" Dinah called out as I hopped off of the step near the door, making me turn to face her, "Aren't you all... you know, because you drank human blood?" Halfway through her sentence, she made small circular motions near her temples, indicating the usual psychosis which comes with that.

"I... I feel fine, actually." I frowned, confused at the lack of the effect. I hadn't even noticed it before now.

"That's because you're bonded to her. It's the equivalent of sobering you." Ally explained simply, as though it was obvious.

I just nodded as we continued our path towards the town, beginning to run now in hopes that we wouldn't find her when it was already too late... hoping she wouldn't have killed or hurt someone already.

Once we got to the town, I could sense something was wrong. I tried to connect to Y/n's mind, knowing that now she's turned and we're bonded it migjt be possible to do it even from long distances, but it was near impossible. Near impossible, I managed to make some sort of connection. I felt her panic.

"Guys, I think she's freaking out. Something happened." I quickly informed the other girls as I tried to calm her down. It didn't seem to work, though, so when Ally suggested we should split up to find her sooner, I quickly agreed.

...

As I burst through a small copse, I heard a small whimper to my left. Hours, I'd spent searching for her. Hours and hours. And there she was.

"Baby! Oh my god, are you okay?" I called out, dashing over to kneel beside the groaning girl as she looked up at me through heavy eyelids.

Oh, shit! It'd been too long since she'd turned. If a newly-turned vampire doesn't eat within the first few hours, they get sick and... well, I didn't even want to think about what happens next.

"Laur..." she groaned out, closing her eyes like she had a terrible migraine, and she probably did.

"Shh, it's okay. It's alright, you're going to be fine." I reassured her, but mostly myself, as I lifted her from the ground and held her in my arms. She weakly wrapped her own arms around me and put a soft kiss on my neck, and I felt a heavy feeling sink through me.

This was my fault.

"I'm s-sorry." She breathed against my skin. I shook my head in protest. She had nothing to be sorry for.

"Y/n?" I got her attention as I started heading back to the house, seeing as Dinah and Normani had come back from a fruitful hunt (and robbery) with plenty of blood.

She hummed tiredly and shifted in my arms.

"You need to stay awake, okay? I- I didn't tell you why before, but it's really important that you don't fall asleep... keep talking to me."

...
Y/n's POV

I was so sleepy, and she was so warm, and I just wanted to go to sleep, but I also wanted to make it up to Lauren. I wanted to do as she asked, especially considering how worried I probably made her. Thinking back, I had no idea how I could've tricked her like that, or acted like that.

So, I talked to her about the one thing that was always on my mind.

"Laur," I giggled, feeling like I was slipping into sleep despite how I fought it, "You know what's really cute?"

"What is, baby?" She questioned quickly.

"You. Especially when you do that cute little cute smile thing with your tongue between your teeth. That's adorable. And, and when you used to get me a blanket every time we cuddled." I frowned lightly, "I guess we don't need to do that anymore though because you're warm now."

When I felt her sigh, I added, "That's a good thing, though. I promise. It means we get to cuddled for longer."

I went silent for a moment, thinking about something else, something that normally would have made my cheeks heat up furiously.

"Baby?" Lauren called, patting my back gently before I kissed her neck again.

"Sorry. I was just thinking. Laur, will we... will I... you guys don't have a guest room. I can't go back to my house..."

"We have a sofa?" She pointed out, making me pout.

"Yeah." I sighed, wanting to change the subject because she obviously hadn't seen where I was going with it, but then I felt her kiss my head and she continued.

"Or, you could sleep in my bed?" She suggested, and I giggled again as I buried my face in her shoulder on instinct.

"That sounds good." I grinned before she slowed down and finally stopped.

"We're here." She announced, "You hungry?"

"Oh, god yes." I groaned as she set me down to my feet, but I instantly began tipping over.

"Oops, careful, chicken nugget." She laughed softly as she caught me, and I chuckled, leaning into her as she led me to the kitchen where I saw various blood bags and animals sitting on the counter.

I felt my fangs elongate, an alien feeling but not exactly a bad one, and the space around my eyes heated up again. I guessed that meant it was changing in colour, and I wondered if my actual eyes did too. I'd ask about it, but my focus was locked on the bags before me.

"It'll take about half an hour to mix the blood for you, but you can have one of these before that." Lauren offered a rabbit to me, holding it by its ears. I hesitated before taking it, and looked up at her for advice or, preferably, easy to understand step-by-step instructions.

Her eyes widened before she lead me to the sofa and sat me down with herself beside me.

"Okay, let me help you." She said quietly and gently redirected my hands so one was wrapped around its ears and the other supported its spine.

"We usually would get rid of a section of fur here," she explained, drawing a small rectangular section on the neck with her finger, "But it'll take a little while."

"I'm too hungry," I told her, and she nodded understandingly.

"Alright. You're gonna want to put your teeth right here." She directed me with her fingers again, and I tried to ignore the fact that I was about to dig into the blood of a rabbit as I raised the question of what happens next.

"It should come naturally." She explained, "But, the fangs are used to pierce the skin, and then you suck from the holes as anyone else would... I guess."

She chuckled awkwardly as I nodded and slowly raised the prey to my mouth, still unsure of the whole thing. The other person 'controlling' me seemed to have ditched me when I'd started getting dizzy a few hours ago, and with them apparently took all of my vampire-instincts.

"You'll get used to it." My girlfriend grinned right after I took the plunge and sunk my teeth into the neck of the animal. I cringed at the feeling of its fur on my tongue before I tasted a drop of its blood, when my eyes rolled back in my head and I let out a small moan.

Delicious.

A little metallic, but delicious.

I never thought I'd say that about blood... well, not until I fell for Lauren.

Slowly, I removed my teeth from its skin and began to suck at the honey seeping from the holes left behind.

Lauren patted my knee comfortingly. Then, she stood up and headed towards the kitchen, probably to mix the blood for me and drain it for herself and the other girls.