Questions

The sounds were horrendous. I wasn't even that bothered about the fact that I couldn't move except for my eyes, but even then they were reluctant to leave the door. I didn't know whether that was because of her or fear of her.

The sounds though, oh the sounds were haunting.

"Y/n..." She would drawl out in a sing-song voice, only to make the door quake in its frame (Ally informed me that it was impossible for it to be broken down, and at least that reassured me a little) whilst she roared out to me. I never knew my name could sound so terrifying... and so drawing at the same time. I wanted nothing more than to comfort her, except to run away and never look back. It was strange, but I couldn't do either. If I could I'm not sure which I'd do.

"I know you're out there." She pointed out in that sick sing-song tone and the door fell still, "I won't hurt you, I promise. Just come over here, I want to talk."

Before I even knew what I was doing I was standing up and taking a shaky step towards her, but I still didn't have control over my body. Not fully, anyway.

"That's it, come to me Y/n."

"What're you doing?" Normani asked as she noticed me walking a little faster towards the cellar door.

"It's not me!" I called in reply and she raced over to sit me back down, holding my wrists to the armchair she'd placed me in to prevent my movement, despite my body's attempts, "It's not me, I swear."

"Fuck you, Mani!" Lauren screamed and the door shook once more.

"I'm sorry, I have to do this." Normani said, looking into my eyes, and I just nodded because I knew that she wouldn't do anything to hurt me. I don't know how I knew but I had a feeling it had something to do with the fact that she'd just saved my life... twice.

...

"What the fuck?" I groaned as I came to for then however-many time today, feeling like I'd just been hit by a truck.

"She's awake." I heard a voice say and peeled my eyes open to see three girls peering at me from above, their hair framing their faces in strange ways. It took a moment for me to put two and two together and remember who they were and where I was, and then the panic came back and I wished I hadn't remembered at all.

"Are you okay, Y/n?" Ally asked and I nodded slowly with another groan, sitting up and putting a hand on my pounding head.

"Yeah, I've just got a headache." I replied and she smiled reassuringly.

"Dinah, can you get some water for her?"

The taller girl nodded and quickly disappeared from my view towards the kitchen. I could see quite a lot from where I sat: the kitchen at the other end of the room (or rather house, though it was pretty small), a dining area between me and said kitchen, a door leading off to another area, and the cellar door which looked weirdly normal from this side considering how ancient it had on the other.

"Wait, why do you guys have water if you're all-" I begun to question but she interrupted me with her answer.

"Apart from the lack of food, enchanted doors, and inhuman residents, this house is just like any other believe it or not." She chuckled and I just nodded, and then another thought came to my mind when I heard a lone bang from the cellar.

"Is she going to be okay?" I looked down at my aching hand to see it had been cleaned and bandaged whilst I was out.

"She'll be fine." Ally answered, pretending to ignore the concerned look from Normani who proceeded to explain the bandage.

"We'd have just used a band-aid but exposed blood is tempting to us too." She said and looked down at the hand, "Not as much as it is to Laur right now, but tempting. The bandage is just an extra precaution, that's all."

"How did you get here? Do you remember?" Dinah asked when she gave me the water and I thanked her gratefully before taking a sip.

"I..." I frowned in concentration, and then it came back to me, "I was at school and Lauren came up to me and apologised for when she'd... done that weird paralysis thing before which I had thought was a dream or something but apparently wasn't. She said she was 'intoxicated' and... 'wasn't supposed to be'? I didn't know if she meant she wasn't supposed to be at school or be intoxicated but I didn't have time to ask and she put her hand over my mouth, and then I woke up down there." I explained with a nod towards the cellar from which I heard a deep, throaty laugh.

"You should really learn not to take your eyes off of me." Lauren sneered, making me shiver and the other girls tense up.

Ally sighed and walked over to the cellar door, only to squat near it and look back at me.

"Did she drink what I gave her?" She asked and I nodded, then remembering something else.

"She couldn't open it at first though so I did it for her."

"Sneaky devil." Normani commented and got up from the sofa I was sat on to head to another part of the relatively small, but cozy house; not what I would've expected a bunch of vampires to live in... not that I would've expected for vampires to live anywhere because they're not supposed to exist.

"Wha- Why is she a-?" I asked Dinah who looked down at me with a gentle smile.

"Don't worry about it yet, you'll still be tired from when Mani put you under. Just, rest and once you're back to normal we'll get you home-"

"Oh my god!" I called out and leapt to my feet, only to be met with a dizziness that took over my whole body. Now was not the time to be focusing on that, though, "How long has it been since school ended? My parents are going to be worried sick! I have to go-"

"Chill," Dinah laughed, "We got a hold of your phone and told them you were staying at a friend's for a while to work on a project."

I chuckled when I remembered that I had supposed to be working on a project with Lauren before she disappeared for a month, and I now know she'd spent that month locked in a basement being fed blood bags whilst she wanted to kill me... how fun.

"Is she definitely going to be okay?" I asked and Dinah's smile faltered.

"We don't know for sure. We've never experienced something like Lauren is going through right now. Of course, we've all weaned ourselves off of human blood and onto animal but that was decades ago and, well, even then it wasn't like this." She informed me and I was grateful for her honesty, "She craves you, for some reason, and we have our theories why but still, the only way we could be sure would be if she won and we lost."

My brows furrowed and she seemed to notice because she let out a quiet sigh.

"I can't tell you what we think, or what I mean by how to be sure. We don't want you in any more danger than you already are."

"Hmm." I scoffed, "Nobody wants me to be in any danger, apparently, but here I am slap bang in the middle of it all. I mean, apparently you're all vampires and Jade and her friends obviously know about it... wait... how do they-?"

"Fucking MUTTS!" Lauren called and my frown only grew. Ally tried to calm her down as she had been all this while with quiet talking. It had seemed to have been working but apparently Lauren had other ideas.

"What does she mean?" I asked, turning back to Dinah who looked torn.

"I can't tell you that, either." She commented before Normani burst back into the room.

"We might have an issue."