Bond

I tried to find an opening to the window, but there wasn't any latches or anything on the outside. Thank god I'd worn heavy shoes today, my favourite pair of doc martens. Okay, maybe I 'borrowed' them from Lauren but that's not the point. The point is, they were perfect for doing this.

I laid myself flat against the steep slope near the window, bent my knees up, and slammed down on the small glass rectangle. Nothing happened, so I did it again and heard a slight crack. Yes! It was working!

One more kick and the glass shattered into a million little pieces and I slipped down the slope with a yelp, landing in what must've been the city hall's basement with a thud.

My hands had wrapped around my face to protect it from the window, but as I slowly unpeeled it, I was met with an odd sight. Lauren, tied to a chair at the side of the room, wearing a shocked expression. There were three people kneeling and tied in front of her, facing her and not even flinching when I crashed through. Then, around the room, were more people standing around except they wore devilish smirks.

"Lauren!" I decided to focus on since nobody was moving, and ran over to her side where I instantly tried to untie her.

"Y/n! Y/n? What are you doing here? You have to get out!" She whisper-yelled, but I shook my head as I fumbled with the ropes. Who could tie knots this tightly?

"No, not until I've got you." I whisper-yelled right back and looked up into her worried eyes.

The sound of a door opening and closing did not catch my attention, nor did the feet clicking on the stone floor towards us. I didn't get distracted from the ropes until I heard a deep, familiar voice.

"Well, well, well... what do we have here?" Their alpha, and by his side stood Camila.

What the fuck?

"Alpha, let her go. She doesn't know what she's doing." Lauren tried to bargain but I was already standing and moving in front of her. I should've been scared. I should probably have been begging for mercy and to let me go, but I meant what I said. I wouldn't leave until I had Lauren because if anything happened to her, I wouldn't be able to live with myself.

"She didn't drink from them?" The Alpha asked, looking down at the three tied, whimpering people with disgust, and Camila shook her head slightly. I thought she was barely above an omega? I didn't think that'd mean she was always by the alpha's side, as it seemed. I also thought that there was a divide in the pack, that the only the rebels wanted Lauren gone and that they had their own alpha, not that the pack's alpha was involved in it. It appeared that she'd lied to me, and I wasn't particularly happy about that.

"Well, maybe she'll change her mind if her bonded is on the line." The Alpha growled and nodded towards me. How did he know about all that stuff?

Lauren was now fighting the restraints behind me as some of the other people in the room started stalking towards me, slowly making their ways across the room. I stood my ground, much to Lauren's displeasure as she kept telling me to run.

"Lauren, I won't," I told her briefly before the first man laid hands on me, and I instantly punched him in the chin. His head whipped around to the side but when he looked back, his eyes had changed and he snarled, showing long canines now sitting in his jaw. Oops.

I continued to try to fight them off until a breeze rushed through the room and another fight engaged. I caught blurry images of the girls darting around and tackling the wolves, and Ally caught sight of me and ran over instantly. She placed her hands on my shoulders and shook her head lightly, a look of... approval in her eyes, I thought. Then she moved down to the three people in front of Lauren and untied them all, and in a flash, there were gone.

Then I turned to see Lauren, but the chair was empty, the ropes snapped and hanging where she'd been tied. My eyes flew around the room in search of her, hoping she'd escaped and joined the fight and not that she'd been taken somewhere else in the midst of it all.

Sure enough, there on the other side of the room was Lauren, fists flying into some poor woman's face as she glared at her. The woman fell to the floor and Lauren moved on to defend herself against someone else. As weird and wrong as it might have been, a smile made it's way onto my lips as I watched her fight people off left right and center. A proud smile.

"You need to get out of here." Ally then told me but I shook my head rapidly.

She seemed to be okay with that because she then focused her attention on fighting someone off.

The brawl continued for what felt like at least half an hour before the room was filled with limp werewolf bodies and the girls and I were the only ones still standing. It seemed the Alpha had deserted at some point because he was nowhere to be seen. Lauren and I locked eyes, and suddenly, the other girls were gone too.

"Lauren." I breathed and ran over to her. Her hands restless as they moved from my biceps to my shoulders and my neck and my cheeks, and back again. Tears were streaming down her face but she let out a soft chuckle.

"Y/n, you're crazy." She told me and I just nodded as my jaw clenched shut.

"Maybe I am," I agreed before the basorexia was just too much and I couldn't take it anymore. My hands flew to her cheeks and I looked into her beautiful eyes for just one more moment before I crashed my lips into hers. We were still for a while, just focusing on our lips sitting on the other's before the world started to spin around us and her hands reached around to hold my waist and our lips started moving deliciously against one another. I tilted my head slightly, my nose sitting beside her as she strained her head forwards, wanting more as I did too.

Before long, the kiss became suffocating and I had to pull away, but I rested my forehead against hers because I didn't want to be any further from her. My breath billowed against her slightly swollen lips as I tried desperately to catch my breath, and then a small giggle left my lips.

"What was that for?" She asked, and I opened my eyes and pulled back to look into hers.

"I love you, Lauren." I told her, "I'm sure of it."