Fast

I made a move for the door but not before Dinah and Normani managed to grab me by the arms and pluck me into the air.

"Let me go!" I called out as I thrashed about, but they were too strong even when I was like them. Before long, I was thrown into the manky cellar and the door was locked behind me. I didn't know what it was, but it felt like someone else had taken control of my body... and I kind of liked it.

I stood near the door for a moment where they left me, before beginning to look around. The desk didn't have anything on or in it to help me escape what is essentially a dungeon, but I took note of the bloodstained corner and remembered when I'd been in here before. Lauren had put the blood bag into the chest originally, perhaps there'd be more in there now.

I didn't even know what I would do if I found a bag, but I knew I needed it. Moving over to the chest, I somehow knew I was going faster than I ever could before but felt like it was nothing and lifted the lid surprisingly easily.

To my great disappointment, it was empty.

The hunger inside of me got stronger until it felt as though my body was eating itself, and I stormed over to the door, pounding my fists on it relentlessly. There was no reply initially, but I thought of a different tactic.

My pounds reduced to knocks, and then weak tapping.

"Lauren?" I called out, my voice harbouring a false shaking, "Laur? Are you out there?"

Within seconds, I felt a presence on the other side. It seemed cautious, so I knew I had to try just a little more for them to give in.

"Lauren, please... I'm sorry."

That was it. The slot flew open and pretty green eyes shone back at me. Pretty, but oh so gullible. She took a deep breath before speaking.

"You have to keep quiet, baby. I know you might not understand any of this yet, but... trust me, we won't do anything to you that isn't necessary. We just want to protect you."

Protect me? From what? There's nothing that could hurt me right now. Nothing at all.

"Mani and Dinah have gone out to find something for you to drink, okay?"

"L-like a rabbit?" I pouted. Like I said, it was like someone else was controlling me now, and that someone didn't seem to want anything but fresh, human blood.

"No, it'll be mostly human," Lauren replied, and I felt a wicked smirk cover my face because I quickly wiped it off, not wanting to ruin my plan.

"Can I... Can I come out while I wait?" I inquired, but she sighed and shook her head.

"I can't open this door," Lauren said, looking past me at the open chest for just a moment before her eyes fell back on mine.

"Not even for a h-hug? I- I just want to- I..." I sighed, feigning that I couldn't get the words out, and she inhaled heavily and fought with herself for a moment before I heard the door's lock click. The heavy wooden blockade opened, and I hid my newfound smirk by burying it in her hair. She made a move to wrap her arms around me, but I speedily evaded her. I left the house before she had a chance to react to my disappearance, and I headed to the one place I wanted to be: where the humans were.

...

Lauren's POV

"Well, I don't know 'where the fuck she is', Dinah!" I snapped at the girl who'd done the same to me. They'd gotten home from getting blood bags from the hospital seconds after Y/n vanished into thin air, and I was already tense. Dinah blaming it all on me didn't exactly help, either, but I knew I shouldn't have been rude to her. She was just trying to help.

"Sorry, sorry..." I apologised, rubbing my temples to hopefully relieve some stress, "It's just... I feel like crap for doing this to her. I should've found another way. I shouldn't have turned my baby."

"Lo..." Dinah sighed, stepping forward to wrap her arms around me, "If anyone was going to turn her, it had to be you. Once we get her out of this early phase, you'll both feel a lot better, okay?"

I nodded into her chest, and she patted my shoulder before letting go of me.

"Now, the first thing we need to do is find her," Mani interjected, setting the blood bags in the fridge.

"Agreed." Dinah nodded.

"Yeah, let's hope it's not too late."Ally muttered, throwing on her jacket. I frowned at the action, but she shrugged at me, explaining, "Its cold out. People will be wondering why we're not shivering."

"Smart." I complimented before doing the same.

"Time to search the entire town for my now-crazy girlfriend, I guess." I sighed as we stepped out into the cold air.